Lloyd: Storage Room

Guy drops to his knees and offered Ameiko some water. He unscrews the water bag and carefully places the opening right beside Ameiko's parched lips. "Drink. You are safe."

Ameiko grabs greedily at the eladrin's water, pulling long drafts of the water into her searing, dry throat. She coughs, splutters up a little, tries to pull herself into a half sitting position, and then drinks some more.

When she finishes her eyes dart around the room and she tries to move her head.

"Tsuto ... where is Tsuto? That fooling bastard .... did you ... did you ... oh by the Gods, have you killed him?"

She looks plaintively up to Lloyd, searching out the eyes.

"He is dead, isn't he. Did he say anything before you killed him? Did he ... no, look, I know he needed to die. I saw what he did. I saw upstairs. I saw the men, my father ... I saw it all. I know he needed to die, but ..."

"He's still alive Ameiko." The half-elf finally states. "The Mayor's bringing him now to the Garrisson jail even as we speak. For now, we need to get you out of here."

Ameiko is capable of sitting up now, looking more composed, her pain obviously somewhat relieved from the caring attention she has been receiving

"We were never close. I tried to be close. I found out where father had sent him away to as a child, and I visited him. He was outcast, a half elf, my mother never spoke of his true father. Denied that she had ever strayed. Father stayed with her, but he sent Tsuto away to the monastry and cut all ties. He would not allow mother to visit him, and I was forbidden too, but .... well, I went anyway."

She pulls herself back against the wall, leaning on it as if still exhausted. "He was bitter. Spent his entire life bitter. Focused on the physical, the short term, the pursuit of strength and agility. And then a year ago he disappeared. When I got his letter I was worried, but ... well ... I didn't think he would kidnap me, kill my father ... do what he did to those poor men? And the goblins! How could he work with them? Was he leading them? Was it him that led the assault on the town? Oh by Avandra, I may have lost my entire family now!"

She doesn't sob, just sits there looking stoical. "Help me up please. We need to go and get the guards!"

"Warlord," The dragonborn interjects. "Why not send the two guards to bring the lady back? We still have a few more rooms to check."

"Andriak and Nerath have their duties." Lloyd states as he shakes his head. "I'll bring Ameiko back. You can continue searching the basement."

The young warlord then moves towards Ameriko.

"Can you walk?" The half-elf asked.

"I think so." Ameiko tries to stand only to fall back.

"I'll carry you out." Lloyd states.

"Here," The warlord gives the old sunrod to the dragonborn paladin and offers a new sunrod to the young woman. "You hold this while I carry you out."

"I'm taking her to Father Zanthus at the Cathedral." Lloyd states to the party as he starts to move out of the room and back the way they came. "I'll meet you back at the White Deer Inn when you're all done."

2 comments:

rmacapobre said...

ooc. something is up .. kythan's gone .. and now lloyd ...

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Added a few dialogue lines for Ameiko to explain her family's situation.