Arao: Meeting with the Mayor, Aftermath

After the meeting was adjourned, the party decided to go their separate ways and use the given wages to buy some gear for the next mission, with the promise of meeting at the Glassworks in about an hour.

I was approached by Jarek and he asked if he could have some gold in order to purchase a bow as a replacement for the snapped one during the last battle. I asked him how much he needed and he said about 20 gold pieces, so I counted that much amount from my pouch and handed it to him. I noticed a strange gleam of wanting in his eyes as he beheld the stack of gold coins inside the pouch.

I turned around and began to walk in the direction of the apothecary shop, hoping to buy a potion of healing that may come in handy in case of emergency. As I strode down the sidewalk, I felt a tugging on my purse strings. Without breaking stride, I peered out of the corner of my eye, and sure enough there was the human ranger turning away, my purse of gold coins in his grubby hands.

I shook my head bemusedly. Truly we are in morally hard times that the siren call of gold would tempt another to brazenly steal from his comrades.

Still facing forward, I shouted in a strong clear voice, addressing the fleeing ranger. "Oh and Jarek! Won't you go buy me a potion of healing while you're in the market! Thanks!"

Filched of my gold, I detoured towards the Glassworks building instead. The happenings here in Sandpoint are getting more and more mysterious, I mused. And more ominous as well. Now it seems we would be up against demons and other dark and evil celestial beings. As I walked towards the Glassworks building, I put in a prayer to Pelor for the strength to keep the flame of good alight.

2 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Based on this post Jarek will now be returning any money and thus Arao (and the rest of the party) have no more funds to use to equip themselves.

Chris Fox said...

edited my post to reflect jarek's actions.