Jarek: Glassworks, the Loading Room

With Arao leading the way, the rest of us followed into the glasswork factory. I readied by bow as the dragonborn opened the door. We were immediately greeted by the crackling sound of the furnace, growling furiously like a starved dragon.

“This looks creepy,” Gryffin whistled. It reminded me of our childhood days, back when we were sneaking into one of the old houses. The eladrin wizard stepped inside the main entrance and made a face. “Looks too depressing inside.”"

Before Arao could say anything, Gryffin raised his staff and muttered a short incantation. A sudden breeze filled the room with a scent of yonnen flowers and summer leaves. The tip of Gryffin’s staff began to glow, casting a pale green light over the room.

“Ia myr’r cali sharaer os mael ol mes ei vasys sos,”* Kythan commented.

The eladrin’s light revealed a small loading room. There were two doors on the left wall, a set of double doors in the wall ahead, and one on the wall to the right. A heavy metal safe on the floor hangs open, its contents missing."

"“Looks like someone’s been here before we came,” I muttered while examining the safe."

"I suggest we leave this place," Guy stated with a tone of urgency in his voice. "We are trespassing..."

“No!” I muttered angrily, silencing the priest. I waved at my companions, signaling them to keep quiet.
The noise of the furnace was coming from behind the double doors. The powerful thrum of the furnace was accompanied by an occasional burst of manic giggling and chatter.

“Kyrdol!” Kythan muttered in disgust.

I raised by bow and began walking towards the double door. The dragonborn’s scaly claws caught my shoulder and pulled me back.

“What are you doing?” Arao muttered. His beady eyes gleaming red from Gryffin’s magical light.

“Exterminating some goblins pests,” I muttered

“We should think this through,” the paladin countered.

“No we don’t!” I answered back. “We’re responsible for stopping threats like them.”

“I suggest we look at the other rooms,” Arao stated, his claws still pulling me away from the double door. “Guy and Kythan should check out the doors over to the left. Gryffin should check out the other door.”

“That’s stupid!” I scowled. “Lloyd would never have us go separate ways.”

The paladin released his claws and pushed me towards the double door. “If you want to go in there, you can do that alone,” Arao muttered in a condescending voice. “You can check out the goblins inside.”

“Please gentlemen,” Guy muttered. “We don’t have to fight amongst ourselves. This is not the way of Corellon…”

Arao and Jarek both glance madly at Guy, and say at the exact same time: "Shut up!"

“We don’t have to listen to this arrogant lizard man,” I answered, looking at my friends for support.

Arao shook his head in disgust. “No wonder people dislike you,” he muttered. “You have no respect for authority.”

“Enough of this bickering,” Kythan interrupted. The eladrin warrior’s eyes burned red with impatience and fury. “The noble paladin is correct. We must not waste our energy in useless endeavors.”

I wanted to answer back, but the eladrin’s eyes burned even darker. Suddenly the room felt warmer, as if it was feeding of Kythan’s growing fury. I looked at Guy and Gryffin. The two other fae noticed the power emanating from the enforcer. Kythan’s eyes continued to glow red. He gazed over Arao. “We will follow your strategy, Paladin of Pelor.”

I looked over Guy and Gryffin, hoping they would back me up. However, the two eladrin appeared downcast and humbled by the presence of Kythan’s fae glamour.

“Better check the door and see how many goblins are in the other room,” Arao repeated. “You don’t want to anger the enforcer, now Jarek?”

1 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: * Translated from elvish: “You shouldn’t have wasted your strength on such a parlor trick”