Arao: Against the Goblins, Round 02

A familiar noxious cloud of air covered my immediate surroundings. I turned around looking for the source and found some more goblins emerging from the furnace door entrance.

"Cleric!!!" I raised my voice against Guy. "I thought you scouted the other rooms thoroughly!" The blank surprised stare on his face confirmed my worst fears.

"Great, what a turn of events," I thought. "Now we're surrounded."

I faced to the front again and saw our human ranger desperately try to dodge a couple of flaming objects flung by the goblins but to no avail. Jarek staggered and cried out in pain as the fire burst his flesh.

Quickly, I steadied him and grasped his shoulder firmly. Willfully I called on the divine healing power of Pelor -- my hand glowed a warm soothing light and channeled it to him. "Do not fall onto shadow yet, comrade. Pelor will ease some of your suffering."

I spied our foes clumped together closely in the front, five of them. "Nice," I thought. "Just a good position for a dragonbreath."

"Wizard! Cleric! Rear guard action!" I barked as I began moving to the battlefront. "Enforcer! Come with me! Let's take on these goblin slingers for good."

I reached the optimum location and belched forth a sheet of dragonflame. The goblins were agile ones however, and only those two in front were hit -- the unconscious half-elf and the goblin slinger right in front of me.







1 comments:

Chris Fox said...

pathetic dragonbreath attack rolls =(
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1689758/