Arao: Jaws of Darkness, Rd.1

The ranger has moved too far ahead. We need to get him back.

This thought pervaded my mind even as my knees buckled from the pain of the monster's cut on my belly. I heard the warlord shout the same concern as he headed off one of the monsters with his shield. I heard the eladrin priest chant a prayer of healing for the ranger.

Sucking up a lungful of air for renewed energy, I crossed the monster's threshold, ignoring the damage of its opportunistic stabbing attack, and brought the light of my sunrod unto the ranger's area. The ranger was truly in trouble, dazed and unnerved from the ferocity of the monsters' attacks.

"Jarek! Move back towards us!" I shouted as I began to channel Pelor's divinity to him. "Reject! In Pelor's name... Divine Mettle!"

A warm holy light bathed the ranger. I could see him recover from his stupor. "Now fall back toward us!" I shouted to him.

Jarek gave me a bewildered look, and I thought that he might have more ailments on his senses. But then I followed his gaze behind me... and the solid rock wall. Cognizance flashed on me; Lady Avandra wasn't with us today.

Oh brother, now we're hemmed in.



2 comments:

Chris Fox said...

save vs. weakness = 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1711776/

Chris Fox said...

STD. Second Wind. (Heal surge, +2 def)
MOVE. To C23. (opposite the nearest sinspawn, so flanked w/ Lloyd. not sure abt the coordinates)
MINOR. Divine Mettle on Jarek. (+3 bonus)
END OF TURN. Save vs. Weakness