Jarek: Shopping Spree

"What the hell are you doing here?" Savah Bevaniky shouted as I entered. "I told you not to come back until you pay what you owe me."

She ran a profitable business here in Sandpoint with Savah’s Armory. An adventuress of sorts in her early years. Savah decided to retire a few years back and realized that life without work was no life at all. She set up a small show at Undercliffway just near the eastern gates. It was one of the three shops where one can buy weapons, Venn's being one (and it's unlikely he'll sell me anything) and the Botique being the other.

"Is this how you welcome the town hero?" I asked, waving Arao's fat coin pouch at her face. "I've come to settle my debt, and get new weapons."

Savah's grey eyes blazed at the sight of my newly acquired wealth. "Town troublemaker, if you ask me." She motioned her hands, ordering me to come into the store.

I dropped the coin purse into Savah's table. The bag opened slightly, revealing several blue and yellow gems inside. "I need two daggers."

The weaponsmith turned around and opened a cabinet. She pulled out several gleaming knives from the shelf. "I heard you killed another gang of goblin raiders."

"I killed most of them," I answered while examining the blades. "Gryffin and the others helped a bit."

"I also heard you found Tsuto," Savah added.

"The bastard managed to kidnap his sister and kill his father," I clarified. "But I captured him before he could do more damage to the town. He's now in the sheriff's office."

Savah gave me skeptical look. I picked up two knives and waved over her direction. "I'll take these two."

"And what about Ameiko?"

"I made sure she got back safe and sound."

The weaponsmith continued to listen as I narrated the recent battle with Tsuto. I told her how I led the team into the goblin lair, saved the three eladrins' from being butchered by goblins, and protected the dragon born from being burnt alive."

"Belor should give you an award," Savah muttered as she examined the three gemstones I gave her. "Is there anything else you need?"

I pulled out my broken long bow and showed it to the weaponsmith. "Tsuto broke this in the battle," I remarked. "Can you fix it?"

"I'm a metal smith, not a bowyer," Merrin answered in a consecending tone. "But I think I have something like this at the back of the shop."

Savah spent the next hour pulling out junk from her backroom closet. The weaponsmith had collected different sorts of trinkets and furniture from adventuring days. She finally brought out a trunk and placed it in front of me.

"Here's the weapon you need," she announced.

Savah open the box and showed me a finely crafted long bow. "It is made from a unicorn's horn," the weaponsmith told me. "It's worth a king's ransom."

"It's just varnished ashwood," I replied. "But I'll take it."

4 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: I'm taking the whole batch of gold pieces and gems.

Jarek, however, gets the two daggers and a 'vicious longbow +1'

aschua said...

yehey! i have a magic weapon na!

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: at the cost of healing potions which could help the whole party. he he. ;)

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Hmmm.. did the math again, the bo should be just a 'magic longbow +1' rather than a 'vicious longbow +1'