Jarek: Against the Goblins, Round 04

"What are you going to do Turrowben?" Tsuto asked mockingly as he saw my bow snapped. The half elf's scarred face, stetched thin, looking even more menacing when smiling. "Now that you're without your precious bow?"

The sound of the half-elf laughing made my blood boil. I wanted to throw my bow at him. But then I realized I paid a premium for it. I still owe Ven twenty gold coins for the fine polishing. It'll cost more when I buy a new one. With that, I tucked the damaged wood under my cloak.

The half-elf continued taunting me. "Did that bitch Shalelu teach you any other tricks?"

"Shalelu is not my only teacher," I said while assuming a fighting stance I learned.

Tsuto raised his left eyebrow, puzzled and then suddenly looking surprised.

I drew out my finely crafted longsword. "You remember my friend, Lloyd?" I continued while brandishing the blade. "He is one of the finest swordsman in Sandpoint."

"I don't believe you," Tsuto replied. But there was a tone of uncertainity in his voice.

"Believe it!" I said as I pointed my sword at him. "Comrades!" I shouted at my companions. "We need to bring down this evil man! Let's go get him!"

As I charged towards him, Tsuto answered back. "Lloyd taught you that as well? He's all fluff and theatrics! He doesn't know anything about swords!"

"You wish!" I said, lunging towards him.

My blade sliced through armor, grazing the leather strap on his chest. Tsuto's eyes almost popped, thinking that I struck his heart. But immediately realized that I missed.

"Told you he sucks," Tsuto muttered as he swung his weapon at me. "You learned from the wrong teacher."

4 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Jarek's Melee Basic Attack rolls:

Attack roll vs Tsuto
1d20+5+1 → [9,5,1] = (15) vs 18, miss

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Jarek's Saving Throw rolls:

1d20 → [2] = (2) vs 10, miss

rmacapobre said...

what is CA?

Chris Fox said...

CA is combat advantage, all attacks against the guy w/ the CA is at +2 (jarek is more vulnerable)