Arao: Against the Goblins, Round 05

Our fleet footed adversary waltzed his way across the room avoiding my attacks. Then suddenly he was right in front of me as he bore down his counterattack. I was able to fend off his initial strike, but a feint left my defense too high, and with a powerful technique, his fist struck my knee and broke it.

"Aaarggh!" I cried out in pain. I instantly knew the wound was grievous, as the blood from the interior wound swelled it twice over. My knees buckled, but through sheer display of will, I managed to stay upright. I will now allow the evil half-elf the satisfaction of seeing me fall in battle.

"Hmph." I spat defiantly. "Is that all YOUR proudly-called POWER can do? Can't even cut down a wounded man."

"My apologies, Sir Enforcer," I addressed the eladrin fighter this time. "But a knight of Pelor CANNOT stand aside when opposed by evil."

Mustering every reserve of my strength, I channeled Pelor's divinity through me. My battleaxe was engulfed with the crackling embers of holy flame. I felt my vigor somewhat restored, and with resolved purpose, I unleashed Pelor's fury.

"Flare, like the crimson dawn," I intoned as I brought my axe to bear. "Radiant Smite!" I struck his evil aura with all my might, and felt it break. My axe caught him on the shoulder, and slashing down, opened a gaping wound on his torso that began to burn his flesh.

"Surrender now, criminal, and face judgment for your atrocities," I finished, breathing heavily from the strenuous task. Across the room, behind me, I could hear our wizard's wail of despair as his sight was still lost. Quickly I whispered a fervent prayer to Pelor, "My god, grant my comrade the mettle to see once more."


4 comments:

Chris Fox said...

events of arao's turn:
Begin: Take 5 damage from Hunter Bear Trap.
Standard: Radiant Smite (encounter), activate addl. Fire Damage on hit (Daily) Roll and Damage. To hit bonus includes +1 bless, +1 bloodied, +2 flank. Total damage 18 (plus 5 ongoing).
Minor: Divine Mettle (encounter) to Edy to force him to make a saving throw (w/ +3 cha bonus) now vs. Blindness (if still needed....)
Move: none
End: Save Throw vs Hunter Bear Trap. (failed)
Action Point: Standard - Second Wind (1 heal surge, +2 all defs)

Gryffin said...

Woohoo!

1d20+3 → [15,3] = (18)
saving throw via Divine Mettle from Arao

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1697751/

Thanks, Chris!

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Tsuto isn't using any sword. He's fighting the party unarmed.

Chris Fox said...

ok, revised my post to reflect unarmed combat of tsuto.

btw, u can actually deal non-lethal damage. when u deal the damage that would kill someone, you can instead choose to deal non-lethal damage. the victim will be unconscious and at zero hp (but stable).