Jarek: Glassworks, Epilogue

"He's still breathing," Lloyd commented as he saw Tsuto's unconscious body. "I can't believe he did all of these things."

Looking at the half-elf, I couldn't help but feel sad. There must be a reason why Tsuto would betray the town and kill his own father. And what has Ameiko got to do with all of this? What do they know of my sister's disappearance?

"When can I talk to him?" I asked one of the healers tending to the half-elf.

"He needs to rest for a few days," the healer remarked as she pulled out my dagger on Tsuto's shoulder, "before he can even talk."

"What?" I shouted. "I need to know where my sister is! He knows something about my sister!"

"Jarek!" Lloyd replied with a stern voice. "We don't know that. Tsuto might just be playing with you."

"No!" I shook my head.

"You know how Tsuto likes to lie to people," the young warlord answered. He placed his hands on my back, calming me down. "He's a scoundrel and a thief. That's why the whole town hates him."

"Half the town thinks of me that way too," I muttered.

Lloyd shook his head and waved at the other guards. "Take this man away," he ordered. "I want soldiers guarding him at all times."

I packed up Tsuto's bow and the rest of my things. "I'm going with him."

"You can accompany him to the sheriff's place," Lloyd answered. "But come back here at once. We need you."

0 comments: