Jarek: Against the Goblins, Round 01

I heard Gryffin's voice behind me, intoning the words of an arcane spell. The eladrin's voice sounded hypnotic and disjointed, as if it were several voices speaking at once. I felt a wave of lethargy and weariness sweep over me, momentarily distracting my concentration."

Gryffin's magic slipped pass me and struck the goblins. The fae magic worked around the monsters, causing them to shake their heads from drowsiness.

“Good work, wizard!" The paladin's voice sounded confident and commanding."

"I watched as my companions easily overpowered the nearby goblins. Gyrffin and Guy's fae magicks seemed to have aided our attack. The paladin of Pelor brought down his mightly battle axe on one of the monsters, cleaving its skull into two.

Kythan quickly surveyed the room before entering. The eladrin enforcer's stoic face took on a darker shade as he saw the goblins' gruesome masterpiece.

“Mes shasasol.” he muttered with a tone of disgust and disapproval. He brought out his sword and the blade suddenly blazed with arcane power.

"I hope you’re saying something about goblins and not about us." I muttered as Kythan swiftly made his way across the mutilated and decapitated bodies. The eladrin enforcer muttered something in elvish as he raised his burning blade and swung it on the nearest living goblin. His smug expression turned into surprise as the goblin he attacked was still standing, bleeding, but alive.

"By Corellon! No!" Guy's voice echoed throughout the room.

The eladrin priest was totally unprepared by the sight of mutilated bodies, chopped into bits of bloody gore and flesh. Guy's once serene face turned an ugly shade of gray. His eyes watering from grief and disgust.

"This fight is getting too long," I muttered as I followed Kythan's trail.

We should have killed all these goblins by now, I thought.

I drew two more arrows as I stumbled along some dead bodies. Kythan's graceful steps proved too hard for me to follow.

"Aren't you glad to have me around?" I said jokingly as I passed the eladrin enforcer, making my way on top of the stone table to make my way to my quarry.

Kythan gave me a stern look as I fired by arrows.

"You're getting careless human," Kythan replied. "And stupid."

I suddenly took note of the situation at the enforcer's warning and managed to avoid a thrust from the goblin's spear. One of the arrows missed my mark while the other one tore through the goblin's armor, puncturing its shoulder beneath.

5 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Jarek wants to move over the stone table. I rolled an athletics check for him. He got a 3. He didn't make the jump so I'm treating the table as difficult terrain for him. he only manages to reach S17 coz of it.

aschua said...

Hehehe... nice dialogue... now kythan hates jarek.. hehehe...

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Goblin OA attack

Attack roll
1d20+6 → [2,6] = (8) vs 16, miss

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Jarek's Twin Strike Rolls

Attack rolls
1d20+6 → [3,6] = (9) vs 17, miss
1d20+6 → [16,6] = (22) vs 17, hit

Damage rolls
1d10+1 → [4,1] = (5)

Hunter's Quarry damage roll
1d6 → [5] = (5)

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

Hehehe... nice dialogue... now kythan hates jarek.. hehehe...

OOC: I agree. Now that's the reason behind the post.