Arao: The bloody tunnel

Following the long winding blood trail in the tunnel served only to fire up one's imaginations about the terrible creature that did this horrific deed. I had reservations about the story of the town guard back there, but if he was lying, I couldn't tell. This trail could well possibly be a trap, but I reckoned if we were to fight the monster anyway, it would be better if we took it on while we had full complement of our powers.

The tunnel branched out to three more. To the left the bloody trail continued. I was very inclined to enter it immediately, but prudence was called for in this situation. I signaled for the company to halt. Then I turned to our point man, the human ranger, for a scouting task.

"Jarek, would you please listen to each of the tunnels and let us know if there are out-of-the-ordinary sounds in any which one of them."

I reminded the others too. "Ok, everybody freeze. Don't move an inch so Jarek can listen as well as he can."

0 comments: