Jarek: Twenty Measly Coins

After everything that happened, the group decided to call it a day. I welcomed the break. At least I'd have time to rest, fix my bow, and figure things out. Lloyd decided to check on the guards' progress and update the mayor on what had happened. Guy wanted to return back to the church and talk with Father Zanthus.

"I'm going to the store to fix my bow," I told Arao. "I'll meet you guys back at the inn."

"Okay," the dragon born replied.

"I need money to fix my bow." I answered, staring at the large coin pouch dangling on the paladin's belt.

Arao flicked his tongue, as if he was taken a back by my question. "Why are you asking me for money?"

"I heard you snatched up some coins from the goblin loot," I said, looking at his gleaming new armor. "Nice plate mail. Must have cost you a fortune."

The paladin shook his head and sighed. "How much do you need?"

"Enough to fix my bow," I answered. "Or at least buy a new one. And maybe some extra arrows."

"Here's twenty gold coins," he offered to me, handing over the money like it was loose change.

I took the money and continued eyeing on the dragonman's pouch. It had been years since I last tried pilfering things. The sheriff gave me a nasty beating when he caught me stealing Old Erle's leather boots.

As the paladin turned away from me, the coin pouch swished gently under his weight. For a moment I hesitated. He might kill me if I get caught. But then again, I might need more money to fix the bow.

I slowly extended my hand and quickly untied the pouch from behind the paladin's belt.

"Hey!"

Arao spun around, like a gecko lizard snapping at a forests fly. But before the lizard could do anything, I was away from his reach.

"I need more than twenty measly coins!" I shouted.

The dragon-born raised his axe, but I was already running far away.

"I'll return the pouch once I finish buying what I need!" I added. "That's a promise!"

2 comments:

Chris Fox said...

did jarek just pickpocket my gold? if so how much? i may need to revise my later entry of buying a potion.

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: He got all the loot. The remaining gps and the new batch of gems.

Arao did notice the theft (as per the post) but was unable to catch up with the fleeing ranger (blame the plate mail).