DM: Meeting with Mayor Deverin

Your morning meeting starts promptly at 10am. The old retainer leads you into the same room you first met the mayor in just a few days ago, although now the mood feels much darker, and eyes of the mayor are a lot heavier.

Thank you all for coming. I am sorry to drag you back so soon after the horrors of yesterday. I trust that, like me, you find it difficult to sleep last night?

She sighs heavily, walking to the window to take in the view out to sea.

Hemlock should be back in two or three days at most ... we hope ... but until then I would really appreciate your continued presence. I have organised for you all to be paid ten gold pieces a day until Sheriff Hemlock returns, that day inclusive of course. You will be issued with cloaks that signal you as part of the guard, and I would appreciate if you could maintain visibility.

The news got out, of course. It had to. There were families to be notified, and the grief has hit the town hard. I have ordered the corpses of the goblins to be raised on pillars along the town wall. The people need something to take their anger out on, and I would rather it was not each other.

She turns now to face you all.

There are five pouches with the first three days pay in it for each of you. I have backdated it to yesterday. I would appreciate if you could go to the Glassworks first, see that the guards there are relieved of their duties. They have been on guard all night, and we are short of numbers. I will have a second guard relieve you in a few hours, and then you can just patrol the town, if you would.

-----

As you leave the room, the old man walks over the a highly polished desk and picks up, one by one, a carefully folded blue cloak with a money pouch atop. One by one he hands these to you all.

The cloaks are soft, mid-blue, with a white trim at the bottom. Each money pouch bulges with thirty gold coins. A veritable fortune for most of you!

5 comments:

Chris Fox said...

ok, so from the 70gp i have, i gave 20gp to jarek for him to buy a... umm... more manly bow. that leaves me 50gp, then i get 30gp wages from the mayor, so that bumps me up to 80gp. i guess i'll head down the apothecary shop and buy me a bottle of potion of healing.

then i head out towards the glassworks basement tunnel.

Chris Fox said...

panu i2? walang dice roller.

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Yeah, invisible castle seems to be on the fritz.

Let's try this one or this one for now. You guys need to email me the results though.

Chris Fox said...

i think the irony games dice roller is a good substitute. it has the digital signature thingie to prevent tampering.

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Ok, added a link for irony.com in the blog header.