Jarek: Shut In

Following Lloyd's orders, I kept myself hidden behind the group. Arao objected, again, saying that I should be with him in front. That dragonman doesn't understand subterfuge if it smacked him in the face. Lloyd patiently explained that this wasn't some army battalion and we're not in the middle of a war. We needn't announce ourselves to our enemies.

The entire factory was abandoned. Lloyd was furious when he realized the guards he posted where missing. "Something's wrong," he concluded.

As we descended down the stairs, Guy made an ominous announcement, using his cold disdispassionate tone. "I sense a great evil from under the building." I looked at the eladrin priest and snorted.

Arao then raised his war axe, as if addressing an unseen foe. "Then we must face this evil and banish it."

I'd rather make it out of this town alive. All of my companions seemed eager to go down the basement, thanks to the mayor's pathetic bribe. Thirty gold coins can't buy a decent healing elixir or a goblin-slicing blade.

I should be watching over Tsuto, waiting for him to regain consciousness. Then I'd beat the crap out of him again, just to tell me what happened to my sister.

"Let's finish this," Gryffin announced. Somehow the mayor's promotion and the nifty cloak had boosted his confidence as an adventurer and wizard extraordinaire.

Those cloaks look ridiculous. I wouldn't trade my own ranger's cloak over that piece of rags. I took a couple of steps back, letting the darkness cover me.

"Hold on!" Arao muttered, pulling my shoulders. "You're not going anywhere."

"I'm not going away, if that's why your concerned."

"Let him scout around," Lloyd interrupted. His voice betrayed his growing impatience.

2 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Found a new die roller site. It's not as pretty as InviCastle but it is workable.

Please use 'Jarek', 'Arao', 'Gryffin', 'Lloyd' and 'Guillaume' as your usernames. I shall be using 'SandpointDM' as mine.

Thanks.

Chris Fox said...

Arao's Initiative:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1707993/

seems like invicastle is up again. ^_^