Jarek: Against the Goblins, Round 03

Despite the searing pain, I struggled onwards. The scent of burnt leather brought tears into my eyes, choking my throat. I tried to put out the flames on my clothes, but pieces of molten glass became stuck in between my armor. I'd have to take off everything to put out the flames.

"May corellon's light break forth like the dawn. Be healed of your wounds brother Jarek!"

The voice of Guy coursed through my body, filling my body with a sense of euphoria and light-headedness. The priest's healing prayer was different from that of the paladin's. While Arao's powers came from the sun god -- bright and searing, Guy's faith revolved around fae mysticism and ethereal harmony. But both did it's work, closing the cuts on my legs and mending burnt skin.

As the prayers healed my body, I became more aware of what was happening. I looked over Kythan and Arao's direction. The two warriors were busy dealing with the goblin worksmiths. The creatures threw pots of burning glass onto the dragonborn, but the paladin bore the attack with stoic resiliency.

"Woodsman!" Kythan shouted as he swung his sword, disembowelling one of the goblins. "The half-elf is escaping!"

I looked further into the room and saw two goblins carrying the unconscious body of Tsuto.

"Damn it," I muttered. There's no time for rest. I still got a job to do.

I ran towards the battle, pulled out two arrows, and readied my bow. I took my aim at the goblins bearing Tsuto.

The goblins were busy carrying their load to notice the two arrows zooming towards them. One of the arrows missed while the other one pierced through the goblin's chest, causing them to stumble and drop their leader.

"Damn it!" I muttered. My bow had snapped from the heat of the molten glass.

0 comments: