Jarek: Into the Jaws of Darkness, Round 01

With two fiendish creatures in front of me, I had to re-consider my battle tactics. I was far away from my companions and the monsters were blocking the way back.

"These are sinspawns!" Gryffin's voice echoed through the tunnel. There was a tone of fear and dread in the wizard's voice.

"What are these monsters?" I tried shouting back, but I only managed to mutter a few words. I felt my head getting heavy and my muscles growing tired. My vision began blurry and I felt the bow in my hands getting heavy.

Damn creatures! I thought to myself. Their bite must be poisonous or something. I was overwhelmed with a sense of lethargy and dread. I felt like dropping to the ground and let the darkness consume me.

"Blessed corellon. May your light shine upon jarek and let him be healed of his wounds..."

Guy's holy prayer sounded like the morning dawn banishing the darkness. His voice was the music of a dozen tenors, singing a haunting rhapsody, filling my body with a sense of hope, renewing my spirit.

I felt the fatigue and soreness fade away. The eladrin's hymn of praise gave me the strength and the clarity of mind to continue on fighting.

Feeling might of Corellon coursing through my body, I gave a howl of fury. The two sinspawns were taken a back. They never expected someone to resist their attacks.

I braced myself and charged towards one of the creatures. Using my elbows as a shield I bashed through the monster in front of me. I felt the monster's claw ripping through my shoulders, its poison tipped talons struggling to pull me down. But I continued on moving forward, knocking the sinspawn to the wall.

The other monster tried to grapple me down, but I kept pushing forward. My own momentum kept me running and I felt the monster's claws sapping my strength.

I kept moving, past the two creatures, Arao, Lloyd and Guillaumes. I made it back towards my companions, pass another sinspawn.

By the time I caught my breath, I was behind the eladrin priest. My hands were torn and bleeding from the sinspawn's talons. I couldn't believe how I managed to run pass three of those monsters and survive.

"Thank Corellon you're still alive," Guy muttered. His eyes beaming with pride and divine fevor. "You are trully a living testimony to his power!"

8 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Jarek's Bull Rush rolls

Attack roll vs Sinspawn
1d20+3 → [18,3] = (21) vs 18, hit

Sinspawn's OA rolls

Attack Rolls
1d20+12 → [12,12] = (24) vs 16, hit
1d20+12 → [13,12] = (25) vs 16, hit

Damage Rolls
1d6+4 → [1,4] = (5) weakened
1d6+4 → [6,4] = (10) weakened

Lloyd's OA Rolls

Attack Roll
1d20+8+2+2 → [17,8,2,2] = (29) vs 21, hit

Damage Roll
1d8+5 → [7,5] = (12)

Jarek's Saving Throw Rolls

Save Roll
1d20 → [16] = (16) vs 10, success

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: PC Conditions Summary

Lloyd 35 out of 35 hps
Guy 27 out of 27 hps
Arao 26 out of 35 hps
Jarek 12 out of 31 hps (bloodied)
Gryffin 26 out of 26 hps

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Next Action - Gryffin

Chris Fox said...

there, now that jarek's out of trouble, we might (just might) have a fighting chance...

focus muna tau dun sa monster in front of lloyd. may damage na yun so let's continue to hit it.

if we can bring down one, the odds will shift into our favor. (hopefully by the end of next turn)

Chris Fox said...

guy, prioritize healing. u can heal (force a heal surge) by doing 1st aid (standard action) to an adjacent ally.

save ur healing word for a far away partymate (like me, next turn i'm sure to bear the brunt of the attacks next turn wahehe).

Chris Fox said...

gryffin, can u hold your encounter power until the monsters clump together? next turn, if i'm still alive, i'll try to move back to align w/ lloyd. if the monsters follow, that will make them clump together coz it's only a two-wide corridor.

Chris Fox said...

jarek, now is payback time. plz deal some hurt vs. these monsters (starting w/ the one near lloyd).

lloyd, u have to hold the line. guy is right behind you, so you will have a heal when u get bloodied. i'll try to fall back to align w/ u, establishing a classic tanker formation for the party.

Gryffin said...

Gryffin: Moves to A25

Casts: Magic Missile at Sinspawn @ B24(?)

Attack Roll:1d20+5 → [17,5] = (22)
Damage Roll:2d4+3 → [4,1,3] = (8)

In Character Entry:

"Sinspawn...?" Gryffin thought. Still unbelieving.

"...By the Beards of my fathers...they're real." Gryffin said absently. Still trying to make sense is his mind how a creature of legend could still be alive.

"By the Beards of your Fathers? -but that doesn't make any..." Guy began.

"He's adopted, remember?" Loyd interjected.

"ah.." Was all Guyillaume could say.

"No point keeping to the shadows now." Gryffin thought as he moved toward the party and fired a bolt of arcane energy.