Jarek: Goblin Pyros, Round 03

The closest goblin gave a wild scream as my arrow struck its flesh. I shook my head, hoping that my eyes would clear up. The goblin's howl grew weaker until I heard it slump to the ground, smashing several pots and dishes. I hope Ven kept his best china away from the kitchen table.

I could still hear the sounds of goblins screaming and shouting. Guy's calm and melodic voice rose through the cacophony of madness. "In the name of corellon, patron to all fées. I demand you to surrender!"

We must be winning, I thought while rubbing my eyes. Whatever the eladrin was doing seems to be working. Somehow cleric's faith seems to be stronger than the goblin's magic. I felt the blindness vanishing, the pain in my eyes slowly subsiding.

"Come. You will be treated with just."

I rubbed my eyes and slowly opened it. The light hurt my eyes and I saw only vague shadowy figures below.

The goblins were shouting back at each other. Although I don't understand what they were saying, there was a hint of fear and apprehension in their voices.

As soon as my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw the store in flames. The bodies of several dead goblins littered around the floor. At the far corner of the room was a cloud of gray smoke.

Suddenly another ball of flame errupted from the cloud.

Sounds of goblin cries could be heard from within the mist. An amber ring of flames hovered at the center of the cloud, catching the goblins by surprise. Still, amidst all this there is a disctinct crack of a whip followed by a few shouts in goblin, some whimpering and then some more chanting.

"Gryffin!" I muttered. "That crazed magican's going to burn the store down!"

I was about to call for the others when I saw a familiar looking figure lying prone at the edge of the cloud. "Lloyd!" I shouted at the man, hoping that he would wake up. But the young half elf remained unconscious, surrounded in a pool of blood.

Damn it! I cursed. All those sword training and coaching gone to waste. These goblins will pay for this!

I drew out a couple of arrows and aimed them at the magical cloud. The ring of fire continued to burn, but its light muffled by the mist. I saw shadows inside, trying to move away from the flames.

I released my arrows, hoping it would strike true. The missles zoomed through the flame and the mist, striking the store's wooden wall.

2 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

Jarek's rolls:

Attack roll: 1d20+5-2+2 → [8,5,-2,2] = (13) vs 17, miss
Attack roll: 1d20+5-2+2 → [6,5,-2,2] = (11) vs 17, miss

Chris Fox said...

malas