Arao: Die Dog Die, Round 04

I was aghast as I saw the cleric of Corellon get up after examining Lloyd and shake his head in dismay. He began chanting a mournful prayer. The first few words let me realize what the chant was for.

Extreme Unction! That's a prayer of Last Rites! This can't be! Can't you see he's still breathing! My thoughts sped heavily along this line. Vaguely I sensed the spectre of the raven Queen nearby, her death scythe prepared to cull another soul from the living.

No! My mind screamed in defiance. I won't let you have him. Not while he still has a pulse.

I had observed from the cleric's examination awhile ago that it seemed no vital organs were hit by the goblin's slash. The wound was indeed very deep, and I arrived at some form of medical conclusion that the warlord would bleed to death instead. At the corner of my mind, I sort of remembered from my healing lessons a last-resort medical technique that could be used for this kind of situation. I immediately took hold of all the cloth I could find to staunch the wound. Desperately I applied the technique as a tourniquet to try to stop the flow of the blood. Seconds passed, and it seemed miraculous indeed that the bleeding was temporarily stemmed. The warlord was still gravely injured, hovering on the border of life and death, but at least we had bought him some more time until we could get him to a more adequate medical facility.

Sighing in relief, I turned my attention to the fleeing goblins. I moved myself forward in order to block their escape. I transferred the shining mark of Pelor to the goblin on my left. I shouted back, "Heads up, follower of Corellon, we still have unfinished business to settle!"

1 comments:

Chris Fox said...

STANDARD: Heal check: Stabilize Roll

MOVE: Shift to F10

MINOR: Mark goblin on E9.