Jarek: Goblin Pyros, End Post

What's going on down there? I spat out a curse as the dark magical cloud continued to swirl through the back of the store. The goblin warchanter's magic was powerful, despite Gryffin's impressive fire magic. The mist still covered the far end of the room, obscuring foes and allies alike.

"Lloyd!" I shouted through the window. "Are you okay?"

Suddenly the mist began to drift further back, away from the burning corona of fire. And as the clouds departed, a lone goblin stood by the sacks of flour. It was one of the smaller ones who attacked the celebration earlier. The goblin was screaming as its cloak and leggings caught fire.

Gryffin's globe of fire glowed even brighter as the poisonous mist departed. The burning goblin stood at the edge of the flame, struggling to escape. Unfortunately, it was too late. I could already smell the pungent and rotten scent of charred goblin meat from afar.

Amidst the goblin's death screams I heard a familiar voice through the magical cloud. I looked over the far end of the store and saw shadows moving through the mist.

"Lloyd!"

I quickly untied the ropes around my waist. The strange goblin shaman was trying to escape through the store's backdoor. I have to go down and stop it before it escapes.

"Jarek Turrowben!"

A familiar voice shouted as I reached the ground. I turned around and saw the portly figure of Ven Vinder, owner of "Sandpoint General Store", stood behind me. The middle-aged entrepreneur was red and furious. A dozen spidery veins were visible on his bald sweating head.

"You thief!" Ven roared. "You dare come back and steal from my shop again?"

"Mister Vinder," I muttered, trying to move towards the shop's backdoor. Unfortunately, the shop owner was blocking my way.

"Is that smoke I smell?" Ven muttered as he caught a whiff of smoke coming from inside his store. "You're burning down my store?"

As the shop owner turned his attention towards his little establishment, I made a dash through the side alley, hoping to reach the backdoor in time.

"You'll never get away with this, you filthy woodsman!" Ven's voice echoed through the corridor.

I readied my bow and arrow as I approach the back door.

0 comments: