Jarek: Die Dog Die, Round 01

I shook my head in protest as Arao barked out his orders. The stupid lizard man thinks he knows it all, I thought, just because he's a paladin. Arao then looked at me and the eladrin priest. "Jarek and Guy, try to get good angle for your shots."

The lizard man's beady eyes glistened, as if it glowed with an inner fire of malice or fanaticism. I quickly avoided Arao's commanding gaze. These reptiles really creep me out, I thought. "I don't think that's a good idea."

Arao heard me but continued barking out orders.

"Gryffin, try to hurl that force orb into the fray, if the minions and the commando converge."

I repeated my objection. "We shouldn't seperate."

I looked at the others and saw them readying their weapons. "You guys are going to take orders from this stranger?" I shouted. But no one seemed to be listening to me.

Arao gave the signal and the others quickly advanced towards the enemy. He then turned to me and said, "you should trust me on this."

"Who voted you the leader?"

"I have more combat experience," the dragonborn argued. "I've dealt with this sort of problem before."

I was going to answer back when an arrow flew pass me and struck the paladin.

"Damn it!" I muttered. "This is suicide!"

Thanks to our bickering, Arao and I failed to witness our companions's assault against the goblins. The lizard man shot me an evil stare as he pulled out the bloodied arrow from his shoulder.

I shook my head and quickly made my way into the battle scene, moving pass the goblin rider and its dread wolf. I wanted to go help Lloyd's friend, but the goblin rider was blocking my path.

I quickly released the arrow on my bow, aiming at the rider's mount.

A crossbow bolt comes shooting accross the alley and hits me in the leg just I released my arrows. Taking a quick glance I see another goblin shouting from behind the rain barrels.

My arrows found their target but the goblin dog seemed unfazed by it, a lesser beast should have fallen.

8 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Jarek's Twin Strike rolls

Attack rolls:
1d20+6+1 → [14,6,1] = (21) vs 19 hit
1d20+6+1 → [16,6,1] = (23) vs 19, hit

Damage rolls:
1d10+1 → [2,1] = (3)
1d10+1 → [4,1] = (5)

Hunter's quarry damage roll:
1d6 → [5] = (5)

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Goblin sharpshooter ranged attack rolls

Attack roll: 1d20+9+2 → [18,9,2] = (29)
Damage roll: 1d6+4 → [3,4] = (7)
Combat advatage roll: 1d6 → [6] = (6)

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Thanks allan for taking the time off the baby to post.

Arao's action is next.

Chris Fox said...

wahehe sabi ko nga kaw dpt lider eh. level gap kc tau.

Chris Fox said...

darn it, ang lusog nmn ng asong yan. sarap gawin azucena amf

rmacapobre said...

my what big teeth you have ...

rmacapobre said...

rivalry hee hee hee .. si guy ang peace maker ..

aschua said...

just trying to explain jarek and arao's lag in the initiative...