Jarek: Die Dog Die, Round 04

The goblin sharpshooter's concentration broke as he saw the bodies of their leader and his gray mount. He lowered his crossbow, his jaundice eyes popped in disbelief. I sensed his fear growing, and his instinct for survival kicking in.

Another goblin zoomed pass the alley as I drew out another arrow. I was muttering some kind of curse or command at his companion. My guess was that they realize it was over, and they had to retreat.

As my enemy bolted off, I quickly followed him. Despite their short stature, goblins are fast runners. They move even quicker when their lives are at stake. You won't get away that easily, I thought as my enemy bolted.

I ran back towards my companions, following the goblins as they made a sharp turn back in the main road. I readied my bow, hoping to release the arrow as I catch a glimpse of my prey.

As I approached the intersection, I stumbled on the body of the dead wolf. The two goblins were not far away. I could hear them shouting at each other in their barbaric tongue.

"Lloyd!" Guy's voice broke my concentration. His tone sounded grave and somber. I briefly glanced over his direction and saw the eladrin kneeling on the ground beside Lloyd. Apparently the warlord had taken a grave wound and was bleeding profusely again.

"Damn it!" I shouted. This is the second time today!

I looked back at the goblins. They were running further away. I released my arrow in rage. The image of Lloyd bleeding to death played over in my mind, distracting my aim and concentration.

1 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC Jarek's rolls

attack roll:
1d20+6+2 → [8,6,2] = (16) vs 16, hit

damage roll:
2d10+4 → [1,3,4] = (
8
)

hunter's quarry
1d6 → [3] = (3)

I missed calculated the damage, the map should show -11 hp