Arao: The Next Day, downtime

Awaiting the results of the lady ranger Shalelu's expedition was harder on the nerves than any battle encounter would be. I had asked and received permission from the superiors of my Order to stay in Sandpoint and lend assistance to the townsfolk in any manner possible.

Thus I whiled away the time by getting busy during the daytime, flexing my muscles and helping in some construction works of the houses and walls. In the nighttime, I tended to the orphans in the Temple, reading the stories about heroes and valor, and trying to keep their spirits up. I guess it was good there was much menial work to do, because one could sense the tense feelings of the townsfolk, apprehensively waiting and fearing for the next goblin attack.

I myself have in more than a few occasions looked to the gates of Sandpoint, and wondered when Lady Shalelu would return with news and leads about the goblins, so that we may end this threat once and for all.

0 comments: