Guillaume: Aelael Talar (Elven Chainmail)

"By Corellon!" I exclaimed which ended in a low whisper. "You did not have to ... This is too much!" I looked around suspiciously to see if anybody else had heard me. I surprised myself.

The chainmail armor was of exquisite make. It had elaborate patterns that mimick intertwined branches topped with spring leaves. And it caught light as the sparkling rivers that run through the ancient forests of old. It weighed so lightly. There was no doubt that it was made by no less than elvish hands.

"Then perhaps someone else would be interested in .." Father Zanthus had started to rewrap the armor. I pulled on his arm. "I didnt say I did not want it" I interrupted.

"Look at it .. " I ran my hand through the patterns. "Mi air tandrorolael" (She is magnificent). Father Zanthus looked at me oddly, not quite fluent in the language of my forebears but he had a good understanding of my reverence towards artifacts. They are considered sacred.

"And it is yours" He chuckled.

I kept myself in check though. I didnt want to appear to eager.

"Thank you .. in behalf of the holy mother church." I bowed in appreciation of his gesture for the last time.

I took my leave.

* * *

It is a gift. I am convinced of Corellon's hand in the matter. It was for the years of dedicated service to the church and devotion to Him. I am insignificant but let me be your instrument. I thanked to Corellon.

To my quarters behind the church, I hurried. I got out of my leather armor and took a well deserved bath. I repeated the day's events in my head. The goblin attack mostly taking center stage.

close to midnight, I have come to the conclusion of what I must do. I summoned a nightingale to inform Father Zanthus of my intentions. It was a simple ritual.

In my newly acquired armor I went into the night.

4 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Guillaume sends invites to each one:

To Jarek. "It would be a perfect opporunity to restore your honor."

To Gryffin. "I beg you as a fellow eladrin to accompany me to the graveyard."

To Arao. "In the name of justice, you are compelled to search for the truth. The truth is out there (refering to the graveyard)"

To Lloyd. "It is a chance to get back at those goblins"

It's up to you if you are joining him or not. Either way, he shall secretly go to the graveyard to investigate. (see next post)

Chris Fox said...

question: when we go there, are we level 2 na? plus equipped w/ the things we bought?

Chris Fox said...

oh and available n ba ulit action point, at daily power namen?

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

question: when we go there, are we level 2 na? plus equipped w/ the things we bought?

OOC: Hmm... level 2, yes. equipped? only those gained and given. assumed na next day pa ang purchases.

oh and available n ba ulit action point, at daily power namen?

OOC: Syempre hindi pa rin. Wala pa kayong full rest. Baka nga bawasan ko pa healing surges nyo. (So don't go na lang. Joke!)