Jarek, Ameiko is Missing!

With the sheriff gone, I can relax a bit.

The town seems much better off without Belor. The noble dragon-born seems to have everything under control. He managed to organize the remaining soldiers to a shifting rotation, and also recruited a dozen young men to help in the watch patrol.

I can't say much for our resident fae folk. They have been busy dealing with an impromptu family reunion. Guy and Gryffin have another relative in town -- the snooty kind of relative that does nothing but watch over you like a pesy big brother.

Arao placed me in charge of the town's defenses, making sure that the walls and buildings are fortified and ready for another attack. Ven and the other locals freaked out when I was given this responsibility. They could not believe that I was "promoted" to town defender.

I was almost finsihed supervising the new fortifications when I got a message from Guy. It seems that one of the locals have gone missing.

Ameiko never did like me. She banned me from her establishment several times, and threatened to have me exiled to the forest. I kept promising her that I'd pay off my tabs but she never believed me. Now she's missing.

"Are you sure she's no where to be found?" I asked Bethana.

The old halfling maid wailed even louder.

"Don't worry," I assured her. "I'll make sure she returns safe and sound."

Bethana sniffed and wiped her tears. "You're still going to pay your debts," she muttered. "With or without Ameiko."

* * *

Jarek goes around town checking out any leads as to where Ameiko - te Market or the docks where she buys fish for the Inn - but no one has seen her since yesterday.

As per Tsuto, Jarek doesn't know where to start looking for him. He remembers the half-elf as one of his buddies when they were still young. A pretty roguish character, he would ask Jarek, Gryffin and Lloyd to go with him on some of his adventures which normally landed the boys into more trouble than what was necessary. They would normally get a scolding from Tsuto's dad, Lonjiku, who doesn't seem to mind hitting his half-elf son in public.

0 comments: