Jarek: The Arrest, Round 02

I watch as the strange fae warrior overpowers my companions. The warrior's blade burned with an eerie light, cutting through the defenses and armor of my companions. I must stop this senseless bloodshed, I thought. Hopefully the warrior would listen to reason.

"Enough of this violence," I shouted in a gruff tone. I stepped out of the tombstone, towards our attacker. I raised my bow and pointed my arrow away from the eladrin warrior, as a sign of parlay.

"The priest of colleron stays with us," I explained. "He made his vows with this community. He swore an oath to protect the church and made a solemn promise to the people who live here."

"I know the fae folk take their promises seriously," I added. "Guy made a promise with the people of Sandpoint."

"That oath outweighs any other promise or criminal offenses he made."

* * *


“What the boy says is true.” Another voice joins in from the darkness, revealing the presence of the old cathedral priest.

“Jarek has been known to cause a bit of trouble in our town but when he speaks sometimes it is best to listen to his honest opinions.” The newcomer chuckled.

“My name is Abstalar Zanthus, called Father Zanthus by most in our small town. I serve as the community’s religious leader and Guy is part of that community.”

The old priest makes his way nearer to where the eladrin cleric, his hands plainly up front and in a non-threatening manner.

“The person you have been chasing has been a part of the town of Sandpoint for a while now and has helped its members more now than before. We are facing a crisis as of now and Guy’s presence with us is needed more than ever.

“He has not only helped the townsfolk in the last goblin attack but has likewise served as a beacon of hope for us. He and his friends are currently looked up by the populace as local heroes. Removing him now would only crush the spirits of everyone in town. Is that what you like that?”

Father Zanthus pauses for a moment as the enforcer seems to be gauging the situation.

“If Guy is guilty of something back home then he would probably freely go with you to face it. Wasn’t that what he was planning to do before?

“Allow him to stay, up to the time wherein we can solve this current dilemma of our town. Perhaps by then you would find out who the true and current Guillaume is.”

* * *


I was relieved that Father Zathanus appeared and praised me for what I said. Part of me was glad that the old priest has brought some sense of order into this battle. But I could not stop wondering if there were any other people hiding around in the cemetry.

"Yes, Guy is our beacon of hope," I added.

Father Zathanus glared at me, as if he was telling me to shut up.

The eladrin warrior listened skeptically, he lowered his eyes and was lost in thought for a moment.

"And we have more important things to worry about," I added, ignoring the old priest's subtle hints.

"Like the trail of goblin tracks I found at the back of the graveyard," I added proudly.

I heard Gryffin coughed out a word that sounded like "idiot". But I continued on. "We must tell the sheriff and Shalelu."

2 comments:

Chris Fox said...

kktuwa nmn c father zanthus. parang c dungeon master, bigla na lang sumusulpot. :D

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: He he. Actually yun yung na imagine ko at first. Parang ang first line dapat nya "Very good ranger..."