Jarek, The Boar Hunt

Lord Foxglove knew how to throw a party. I never thought I'd enjoy the company of rich people. Despite his foppish and cosmopolitan attitude, Foxglove knows how to mingle with people. His hunting session was enjoyable. I had a blast helping him pin down the boar. Foxglove could use some training in archery, but he did well.

The others seemed to be relaxed around him. Lord Foxglove managed to set everyone at ease. Even that eladrin bounty hunter seemed friendlier when he chatted up with the young nobleman. We finally killed the boar and brought it to a posh inn. It seems that Foxglove knew the people around the province. Everyone recognized him and treated him like he was some kind of royalty.

When dinner finally came, I quickly jumped into my share of the meal (as well as a hefty portion of boar meat). Guy and Gryffin gave me the looks as I enjoyed my meal. The Priest of Corellon seemed scandalized by my appetite and the way I mumbled through the thanksgiving prayer -- slurping down gravy while chanting a hymn of praise.

I quickly finished my share of food and began to enjoy the comforts of the cozy inn. I was about to fall asleep when the main door opened and a familiar figure stepped in.

"Shalelu!" I greeted my teacher as she strode forwards. The elven maiden looked wear. She was fully armed and equipped. I realized that she was supposed to be out with the other border patrol, tracking down the goblins.

"What are you doing here?" Shalelu asked. Her eyebrows rose.

"I'm with Lord Foxglove," I answered. "We just finished hunting."

My teacher shook her head in disapproval. I realized that she was trying to make me feel guilty for having some fun and enjoying myself -- while the rest of the rangers spent the day tracking down goblins.

"You told me to join Lord Foxglove's hunting party," I defended myself.

Shalelu shook her head, ignoring my explanation. I felt my face flush in anger. She always does these sort of things -- telling me to do something and I'd get in trouble for following her orders.

"You can go back to your friends," Shalelu replied with a condescending voice. "I have urgent matters to deal with."

"Wait!" I shouted as she started to leave. "What business? Can I help you teacher?"

"Not now, Jarek." The elven ranger states, shaking her head in exasperation. "I'll talk with you tomorrow."

0 comments: