Arao: into the Graveyard, Prologue

After my vespers, I marched towards my room intending to rest and sign out for the night. Though I was completely healed of my wounds, and felt refreshed after my communion with my god, I knew I would feel even better and more powerful after a good night's sleep -- when I happened to glance out of the window and saw a familiar solitary figure leaving the church grounds.

"By the gods, that's the cleric of Corellon from my party. I wonder where he's heading off this late in the evening."

I suddenly remembered that he had talked to me earlier about going to the cemetery tonight and investigating the grave-robbery incident involving the body of the old parish priest here. I had politely declined and suggested that we take a look at the site tomorrow, first thing in the morning after we rest. Apparently it seemed he decided that the case couldn't wait any longer.

"Well, he's got guts to go to cemetery alone at night," I mused, shaking my head. "Either that, or he's utterly reckless."

I continued on my way towards my room, but a sudden inner voice began to gnaw my very soul. Cemetery. Night. Friend. Danger... Extreme danger. I stopped dead in my tracks. My paladin sense of camaraderie kicking in, overriding my logical thinking.

"Gaaaah," I exclaimed as my feelings overcame my rationality. "By Pelor's flame, if I'm late for tomorrow's consecration ceremony, I swear I won't let that pointy-eared cleric hear the end of it!" With that I turned around and marched back, seeking the exit of the temple. On my way, I marveled at how I was still adequately equipped for such a journey, armor, axe, shield and all.

2 comments:

Chris Fox said...

ok, 1st things 1st. i leveled up! so i get a new cool feat and utility power. i also got a shiny red-bladed axe from the goblin. but i'm still in my old chain mail suit, as my ordered plate mail hasn't arrived yet from FedEx.

i am going to spend as many healing surges as required in order to get my hp back up to full.

@dm: in my char sheet, have to adjust my AC down, as it reflects plate mail. at least i'm at even level, so i get its base plus on my defenses. (AC 18 i think.)

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: I edited this to place the second part just after Guy's post. However, yahoo seems to be having a problem and I can't seem to access the email with the post. Will update as soon as yahoo can be accessed.