Guillaume: Goblin Pyros, Round 03

my arms instinctively rose to protect my eyes from the magical fire that exploded from within the poison cloud. the goblin warchanter was trapped from all sides. there was no other recourse for this creature but to surrender. or die. i just witnesses the fatal blow to one of the brave townsmen who i fought with earlier. but perhaps it is not too late for him.

gracious lord of the fées. grant this brave hero respite from the permanence of death.

::use healing word::

i sensed that familiar tingle of corellon's divine magic course through the symbol, then thru me and then outwards to the fallen lloyd.

i pinned the longsword hard on the floor. i let go of the sword hilt and it wobbled. its sword point sliced through inches of the floor. it was of relatively fine make.

with both my hands free. i made sure the goblin inside the cloud would with supreme clarity, understand fully of my peaceful intention.

"surrender foul beast. it is over." i calmly reiterated. my palms showing. my hands empty and weaponless.

* * *

From the south side of the room, a short cry could be heard as the last goblin minion is burnt in the heat of the flaming sphere spell.

3 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

Guy's Healing Word roll: 1d6 → [1] = (1)

Chris Fox said...

did lloyd just shift towards the flame? does this guy have a deathwish or something? he probably couldn't take the thought that he was felled by a goblin minion, and his psyche cracked.

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Yeah yeah. I know. He could have actually shifted to the curtains. But he's hoping for a flank.

We'll see if it works, I'm writing the next entry now.