Jarek: Die Dog Die, Round 02

An arrow flew towards me, denting the padded leather on my shoulder. I winced in pain as I felt the tip of the missle rip through my armor and digging through my skin. I was lucky this time, the arrow would have struck bone, but instead the padded armor absorbed most of the blow.

I looked beyond the wolf and saw another goblin standing several meters away. The foul creature was the one who fired the bow. He was a short puggy goblin, grinning and laughing at his successful aim. Taking a deep breath, I pulled out the arrow and threw it away. The goblin archer saw what I did and muttered a curse. He thought the arrow would have struck me dead, but he was wrong.

Just as I drew out another arrow, Guy began to sing another hymn of praise to Corellon. The eladrin's tenor voice sounded like the summer breeze and the gentle rustling of breggan trees, soothing and calming at the same time. The nearby goblins screamed in agony, as if the melody was painful and unpleasant to their ears.

As Guy's prayer reached a frevored pitch, Gryffin began chanting his own magical incantation.

I watched in awe as my neighbors combined their singing and chanting. This was the first time I witness their power. The eladrins were creatures of the feywild, touched by magic and the arcane. The gray dire wolf cringed in fear, as if it knew it had offended something primal. Both Guy and Gryffin began to glow in a faint eldritch radiance.

Gryffin finally ended his incantation and the eldritch energy sounding the two eladrin's lashed out, like a wave of rolling thunder, towards the nearby wolf and goblins.

The power of the eladrin wizard stunned the attackers and knocked the large wolf a couple of meters away.

I looked at the blooded animal and the goblin archer. "I guess I have to get rid of the bigger threat," I muttered and took aim.

Easily side stepping the attacks of the goblin beside me, I released my arrows towards the goblin dog. Both arrows flew true and found their mark. The great goblin canine fell down dead on the alley grounds.

8 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Goblin Cutter OA Die roll vs Jarek's move

1d20+6 → [1,6] = (7) vs 13, miss

Jarek's twin strike rolls vs Goblin Dog

Attack rolls:
1d20+6+2 → [13,6,2] = (21) vs 19, hit
1d20+6+2 → [12,6,2] = (20) vs 19, hit

(basically hits with Guy's divine glow)

Damage rolls:
1d10+1 → [8,1] = (9)
1d10+1 → [9,1] = (10)

Hunter's Quarry damage rolls:
1d6 → [5] = (5)

Next action: Arao

Gryffin said...

Yay! Die, Dog, Die! >:D

And thanks for the impressive exposition regarding our spell-casting. hehe. =)

aschua said...

yes! dead dog.... stupid dog...

it seems everyone's attention is on the mutt... cguro sawa na lahat tayo makipag-laban sa goblins...

hahahahah

Gryffin said...

nakakatakot kasi ang laki...;p

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: yeah, but that leaves na lang the puny Goblin Cutter for Arao. (unless he wants to tackle the 'skullcrusher'!)

rmacapobre said...

rollcall hitpoints?

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

PC Condition summary:

Hit point/Condition Summary:
Lloyd 14 out of 26 hps (+2 attack)
Guy 16 out of 22 hps (+3 AC)
Gryffin 22 out of 22 hps (+2 attack)
Jarek 21 out of 31 hps (+2 attack)
Arao 21 out of 29 hps (+2 attack, prone)

Healing Surges Sumamry:
Lloyd 4 left
Guy 5 left
Gryffin 4 left
Jarek 1 left
Arao 7 left

Chris Fox said...

wow c allan lng tlga ang maganda ang dmg rolls. lucky! ^_^