Jarek: Erylium, Round 02

The humming continued like wailing crickets under my cloak. I wanted to tell my companions about this strange noise but I noticed that they were all preoccupied with Erylium. What was she talking about?

Before I could figure out anything, the demon shouted arrogantly. "Invading my domain will be the last mistake you will ever make! I do not need Nualia to take care of you. Witness the power that Tharizdun has provided me!"

Who the hell is Tharizdun?

An orb of darkness formed around the she-devil's hand. Before I would do anything, Erylium hurled it over to our direction.

The dark globe scattered and a wave of black emptiness covered the room. I heard the warriors shout in pain as the inkly tendrils engulfed them. I tried to duck from the darkness but it moved like a hungry living serpent.

Gryffin shouted in pain as the darkness enveloped him. With the wizard down, his magical light quickly faltered.

The paladin cursed as the hungry tendrils held him paralyzed. I saw the desperation in his face as darkness covered the entire room. "We need light!" he shouted.

I felt Erylium's deadly shadow cover me. The darkness felt like a legion of hungry wasps, trying to leech out the energy out of me. It was probably the same sensation the others were feeling.

A familiar sense of dread came over me. The feeling of being helpless and paralyzed.

Then I heard the mumbling voices again, as if it was reacting to the gloomy darkness surrounding me.

"Mennah derahh mennah derahh..."

Slowly I felt myself calming down. The dreadful feeling subsiding. I still heard the others cursing and shouting in agony. Somehow the voices had protected me from the brunt of Erylium's demonic powers.

I drew out a couple of arrows, listening attentively to the she-devil's movement. The sound of Erylium's wings were faint. This meant she was flying further away.

Just as I readied my bow, I heard Gryffin's shaky voice envoke another incantation. The eladrin wizard's resolve was strong, he summoned forth another magical light, waving his staff like a blazing torch.

Erylium shrieked, shielding her eyes from the sudden brilliance.

I quickly fired an arrow over her direction. The missile struck true, striking her wings.

The she-devil screamed in pain

2 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Jarek's action

S: hunter's bear trap
1d20+8;1d10+4;1d6 → [20,8] = (28)

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: hunter's bear trap damage
2d10+6;1d6;1d8 → [4,2,6] = (12)
2d10+6;1d6;1d8 → [3] = (3)
2d10+6;1d6;1d8 → [3] = (3)