Jarek: Ancient Prison, Round 08

As the darkness covered the entire room, a sense of despair and frustration loomed over me. I felt myself running out of breath, my heart palpitating. I took a couple of steps back, trying to calm myself but it only made things worse.

I felt my head grow dizzy and my arms heavy. The bow in my hands suddenly felt like a ton of bricks.

"No!" I tried shouting, but only managed to whimper.

Memories of the past suddenly flooded to my mind -- The darkness taking away my parents. I felt panic in my heart swelling. Creatures of darkness broke into our house, on the stillness of twilight. Monsters so diabolical took away my sister.

And I was alone and helpless. Powerless to do anything.

Before I could do anything else, I heard a familiar voice chanting behind me.

It was Gryffin. The young wizard's voice seemed calm and grounded. He called forth an incantation in elvish, summoning a powerful spell to help defeat these creatures of darkness.

Suddenly, the main chamber was flooded with bright lights. I shut my eyes from the brilliance of the wizard's magic. Unlike Guy's holy radiance, Gryffin's magic was pure power and energy.

The light startled the skeletal warrior, thinking that it finally destroyed the eladrin's priestly magic. Now it had to confront the magic of another eladrin.

"Fiend!" I shouted, cursing at the creature. I drew out another arrow and placed it on my bow.

The skeletal monster growled as its rib cage shattered, sending hundreds of bone splinters across the room. Arao growled as several large bones punctured through his plate armor. I could hear painful groans from where Guy fell.

"No!" I muttered, firing the two arrows on the monster.

One of the arrows hit the skeleton's skull, crushing its jaw and left eye socket.

I heard Lloyd's voice from the other side of the room, "Guy's injured. He's dying!"

No one dies here. I muttered to myself. No one.

I drew out another set of arrows and quickly fired them on the skeleton.

The monster didn't have time to recover. It's body collapsed from the impact of my missiles, causing another explosion of bones across the room.

1 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Jarek's actions:

S: twin strikes vs boneshard skeleton
1d20+9 → [11,9] = (20) vs 17, hit
1d10+1 → [6,1] = (7)
1d20+9 → [6,9] = (15) vs 17, miss

hunter's quarry
1d6 → [3] = (3)

A: twin strikes vs boneshard skeleton
1d20+9 → [12,9] = (21) vs 17, hit
1d10+1 → [4,1] = (5)
1d20+9 → [13,9] = (22) vs 17, hit
1d10+1 → [3,1] = (4)

boneshard skeleton

boneshard burst
vs arao
1d20+8 → [20,8] = (28) vs 13, critical hit
1d20+8;2d6+3 → [6,6,3] = (15)
vs guy
1d20+8-2+5 → [15,8,-2,5] = (26) vs 12, hit
2d6+3 → [1,1,3] = (5)
vs lloyd
1d20+8-2 → [10,8,-2] = (16) vs 13, hit
2d6+3 → [6,6,3] = (15)