Jarek: Ancient Prison, Round 02

I never imagined these creatures would be smart enough to snuff out our light source. But they did. Thanks to Gryffin’s mischievous trick, one of the sinspawns now holds the runelady’s sabre. And we were plunged into total darkness.

Only for a brief moment.

I heard Gryffin mutter out a familiar incantation, calling forth the mystical energies of faerie to his bidding. The wizard summoned a sliver of moonlight from his palm and placed it on his enchanted staff. The staff glowed blue, magnifying the tiny light a hundred fold.

“Son of a dryad!” I shouted as I saw one of the monsters emerge from the adjacent tunnel. It loomed over Guy, threatening to rip the eladrin priest into shreds.

Before the sinspawn could attack, Lloyd leapt in front of the priest.

Guy fell to his knees and prayed. “Blessed Corellon!” He beseeched. “Help us defeat these abominations!”

“Go make your prayers priest!” I muttered, shoving the eladrin aside. I pulled out two arrows and placed them on my bow. “Stay out of my way.”

I pointed the arrows at the monster and released them.

2 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

Summary:

m: assign hunter's quarry
S: twin strike

attack rolls vs sinspawn
1d20+8 → [5,8] = (13) vs 21, miss
1d20+8 → [17,8] = (25) vs 20, hit

damage rolls
1d10+1 → [7,1] = (8)

hunter's quarry damage roll
1d6 → [4] = (4)

rmacapobre said...

best guess. they must be controlled. and the controller is nearby?