Jarek: Alone (Part 1)

I left in haste, fuming mad. This shouldn't have happened. Tsuto shouldn't have escaped. I should have been there to stop him.

Stupid Mayor, I muttered to myself. They are all stupid! This town can go to hell! I only want to find Vynna. Nothing else matters.

None of the others followed me out, I noted. They were still inside Kendra's office talking strategy and relaxing. Well there's no time for rest. I must look for Tsuto and get the truth from him.

The first place I checked was Tsuto's cell. It was pretty much banged up. The guards told me about his daring escape. How they were quickly overpowered by a spell the black young woman cast. Tsuto managed to slit one of the guards' throat. But his partner escaped.

I quickly searched for the surviving guard. The man was half asleep when I knocked in his house. Fortunately, I managed to convince him to help me out. The guard to me that Tsuto and the woman fled Sandpoint, heading east.

"They must have fled to the forest," I concluded. "To hide there."

"I guess so," the solider yawned.

Well they made the wrong choice. The forest is my territory. They have entered my playing field. I smiled to myself as I left Sandpoint.

0 comments: