Jarek: Erylium, Round 01

The demon snarled as I stepped back into the light. I felt a looming sense of dread and tripidation as the creature called upon another sinspawn.

"It is a quasit, a minor daemon!" Guy shouted from across the room.

"A what?" I answered back.

"Its claws are poisonous. it is able produce energy bolts which can immobilize its enemies. it can also animate the dead. it can also instill fear."

"Thanks for the lecture, teacher!" I muttered as I took a couple of steps back.

As I drew out two more arrows, I felt a slight breeze surround me. The soft tinkling of bells and windchimes accompanied a soft glowing light that floating towards me.

Gryffin!

"I'm sending my light over to you," the wizard replied. "To help you shoot the demon."

Aided by the glowing azure orb, I looked at the face of my enemy. Erylium's face was soot black and wrinkled with rage. Her red beady eyes glowed with the flames of hell. "You're pathetic magic and bow cannot save you," she spat out.

I pointed my bow towards the hellspawn, making sure that my arrows would hit her head. But as I was about to shoot her down, I felt a strange humming sound coming from under my cloak.

"Mennah derahh mennah derahh," the voice gave a soft wail.

I felt something bite my skin, distracting me from my quarry.

The arrows missed the quasit by a mile. Erylium continued to hover in front of me, smiling maliciously at my misfortune.

"You have something that belonged to me," she purred. "No matter. I'll take it from your dead body soon enough."

0 comments: