Jarek: Ancient Prison, Round 04

"What's gotten into you?" Lloyd lashed out at me. He continued to block the sinspawn's blows with his sword. One of my arrows struck the creature's right shoulder, causing it to fall back a couple of steps.

"Sorry!" I answered while pulling out another arrow.

The creature gave howled and charged at the warlord, but Lloyd was ready. He held out his sword defensively and blocked the monster, keeping it back from me and the others.

"Woodsman!" Arao's voice echoed from the other side of the room. "We're being surrounded here. Help us !"

I glanced over to the paladin's direction and saw the knight fighting another sinspawn and two skeletal warriors. Guy was at the dragon-born's side. The eladrin priest held out his medallion, chanting praises to Corellon in elvish. It seems that Guy's holy prayers were keeping the foul creatures at a distance.

"Sorry dragon knight!" I shouted back. "I'm needed here at the back."

I readied my bow and pointed over to the sinspawn fighting Lloyd.

I wasn't sure if the paladin understood me. He muttered something that sounded like a curse. Guy continued his chanting. The eladrin's melodic hymns transformed into a silvery lambient light, charring the bones of the skeletal warriors.

"Damn it Jarek!" Lloyd shouted. "Shoot the damn thing!"

I turned to my childhood friend and apologized once more. "Guy and the others are having trouble."

Unfortunately Lloyd was too busy to notice what was happening on the other side of the room.

"I swear I'll kill you if you don't shoot at this monster!"

I shook my head and fired the arrows at Lloyd's opponent. I always get scolded no matter what I do in this group!

S: twin attack vs sinspawn (f12)

1d20+8 → [14,8] = (22) vs 21, hit
1d10+1 → [3,1] = (4)
1d20+8 → [19,8] = (27) vs 21, hit
1d10+1 → [5,1] = (6)

hunter's quarry

1d6 → [2] = (2)

0 comments: