Guillaume: Evening of Day Four

everyone is asleep. i look over the maps laid on top of each other on the table flattened by books and scrolls. it was like a miniature city with roads and quarters. i wanted to be prepared for this mission and more than anything else, i .. (rather) we must stop that creature.

images of elyrium haunted me. laughing at my face. "you can't defeat me i am power incarnate! or perhaps your god has abandoned you! bwahahaha!". her shrieks taunted me provided me with no solace, no peace, nothing but self doubt. i am positive that this was false memory but things like this often take hold of me especially when i am about to do something very important. i sat and meditated to chase these insecurities away from my mind. to help me keep focus. i blew off all the lit candles save one plunging my chamber into the darkness. i watched the sole flickering fire at the top of the candle and i felt better already. this singular image of a light amidst the darkness reveals hope and to fight this battle i must have courage - whole and pure. i sang under my breath. an inspirational song of
bravery.

close to morning. i woke up to a distant dream and the candle from earlier has long since been melted. i could only manage to see from the moon light that has found its way in by the window. this might be my last day to be alive. it occured to me. this important mission that the mayor has entrusted upon me and my friends. i shall not fail. this is for the people of sandpoint. this is for corellon.

i lit another candle.

i consulted the thistletop maps wondering how are we suppose to get up to the top of that giant head. from the looks of it, there was but one way into the city of goblins. i became concerned looking how far we will fall if do not manage to get across the hanging bridge. i can not imagine how we will manage that. i thought about going by sea but maybe it is more dangerous without the cover of the ancient forests.

there are voices in my head. one that other encourages me to be brave. and for today this voice gently spoke, in this city where there is not likely a church dedicated to corellon, it is a perfect opportunity to spread the faith. i chuckled to myself at the silly notion.

0 comments: