Arao: The Fire Pelt Cat Attacks!, Round 01

I'm extremely miffed at cats. They are haughty and act like they own the world. The one before me was no better -- in fact, it stood there, arrogantly licking its paws after scratching and knocking me down, with that irritating cat smirk on its face.

An idea came to me as I slowly stood up. The fire pelt cat was instantly on the alert, spine arched, hair prickling up on its back. It issued forth a low-throated meow that was more like a growl. I knew against this kind of heightened reflexes I had no chance of hitting it. So I let my brain do the work.

Branding it with Pelor's mark, it was visibly annoyed and perturbed. Taking advantage of its momentary lapse in concentration, I flung my throwing hammer with full strength -- to its side. As expected, the cat jumped sideways at the sight of my sudden action, right smack into the hammer with double the force of impact.

Ha-ha-ha! It was my turn to mock the cat as it slowly got up on its feet, head shaking to remove the dizzying effect of the hammer.

"Compress to the center, comrades." I shouted instructions. "Don't let them flank you."

1 comments:

Chris Fox said...

MOVE: Stand Up
MINOR: Divine Challenge - Fire Pelt Cat L10
STD: Basic Ranged Attack L10 (Throw Hammer)

Roll: 20 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1750505/
Dmg: 9 (Crit 6+3)