Guillaume: Ancient Prison, End Combat

what is this place?

i looked within for strength. where am i? shouldnt i be greeted by celestial guides to paradis by now? unless i was all mistaken and death is .. just this. a cold and dark place where nothing happens. neither ecstatic nor malevolent but just strange. i don't sense any presence as i would have hoped and learned from studies of those who have gone thru death and back. i am even surprised to find myself not feeling anything at all. not even fear.

i tried to focus on my holy symbol and try to find a connection with the lord of all fées. i found it in my dark still laying on my chest thru a chain around my neck. i held on to it tightly. still nothing.

how long have i been here? i tried to remember my life as it was. i had a very comfortable and relatively easy life. i started to review my life. i thought about my friends and family i left behind. things could have been worse. i suppose. i wish i had been more ..

coughing. i heard someone clearing their throat .

i turned around and see a familiar face. it was father zanthus!! thank corellon!! but it wasn't him. it was someone that looked like him but older. he was sitted right in front of me. his face sagged a bit more and there were fewer strands of hair that crown his head. he was wearing that familiar garb i always find him in back at sandpoint. his eyes smiled back at me and seemed to contain the infinite wisdom of the ages.

he doesnt speak to me but instead continues to eye me with understanding. i was dumbfounded. unable to utter a word. he was familiar but alien nevertheless. i knew i was in the presence of vast greatness. he starts to reach out to me with his hand. he touches me on the shoulder but they weren't at all human. instead he had claws like those of the dragonborn.

i wake up to find arao's hand on me.

"welcome back priest of corellon"

0 comments: