Arao: Ancient Prison, Rd.8

The wizard's light illuminated the area and the remaining hostile skeleton was visible to me once more.

"Thank you, wizard!" I exclaimed as I immediately branded the monster with Pelor's divine challenge.

"We will prevail, undead monstrosity!" I hefted my axe and Pelor's divine power flowed through me. Too late I heard the wizard's grave warning. "Wait, Arao, stop...!"

"Hearts aflame... Holy Strike!"

My axe cleaved through the bone. There was a sudden red flash. I was barely able to cover myself with my shield, before the boneshards exploded in all directions.

"Arrgh!" I turned and was horrified to see our warlord studded with sharp pieces of bone from the blast. What was worse was our cleric started bleeding again, all the first aid Lloyd provided earlier wasted.

Instinctively, I shifted onto the top of the stairs, blocking the way.

"I'm truly sorry, warlord!" I apologized profusely. "I didn't know these monsters also explode halfway through! Please drag our priest and yourself beneath the platform so you will have cover!"



3 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Arao's action

m: Divine Challenge on Boneshard skeleton (G7)
S: Holy Strike on G7.
M: Shift to F6.
e: After seeing the skeleton explode and hit Lloyd and Guy again, I shout to Lloyd to drag Guy and himself and take cover beneath the stairs/platform.

Boneshard burst

vs Arao
1d20+6 → [4,6] = (10) vs 13, miss

vs Lloyd
1d20+6 → [20,6] = (26) vs 13, critical hit
damage
2d6+3 → [6,6,3] = (15)

vs Guy
1d20+6 → [4,6] = (10) vs 7, hit
damage
2d6+3 → [1,4,3] = (8) dying

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: boneshard burst link

Chris Fox said...

MINOR: Divine Challenge on Boneshard skeleton (G7)
STD: Holy Strike on G7. (roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1734589/)
MOVE: Shift to F6.
END: After seeing the skeleton explode and hit Lloyd and Guy again, I shout to Lloyd to drag Guy and himself and take cover beneath the stairs/platform.