Jarek: Ancient Prison, Round 05

"Great work Lloyd!" I shouted at the warlord. The young half-elf flashed his pearly white teeth as he kicked the carcass of the sinspawn, smiling triumphantly.

"You better help the others," Lloyd answered as he wiped the stains off his blade.

I drew out two more arrows and pointed them over to the sinspawn attacking Arao. The creatures were becoming more frustrated, snarling viciously as the paladin continued slashing its decaying legs. It lunged at the dragon-born, hoping to rip out his arm. Arao barely dodged from the creature's grasp, nearly rolling over the side of the
chamber.

"Woodsman!" Arao shouted. "Go help the priest! He's surrounded by the monsters!"

"Where is Guy?" I asked. The eladrin was right beside me a moment ago. Now he was gone.

"Over there!" the paladin muttered as he blocked the skeleton's attack. "Inside the room."

I looked into the adjacent chamber and saw Guy right in the middle. The eladrin was crazy! Slipping pass the paladin's protection to take on the skeletal warriors alone. Having faith is one thing, but dying for it is something else.

I gave a quick grin as I fired my arrows.


0 comments: