Jarek: Ancient Prison, End Combat

Gyrffin's enchanted light turned from a silvery hue into a bright color of the afternoon sun. The eladrin complied to Arao's request, believing that the light of a sun (no matter if it was real or not) would strengthen the paladin's healing prayers. With all the group's misfortunes in the last couple of days, appeasing the sun god might help tip the balance.

"Pelor, validus deus of lux lucis , vigoratus vestri liberi vulnus quod servo lemma ex phasmatis of nex!" The dragonborn humbly implored as he knelt beside the wounded half-elf and the dying priest.

Unlike Corellon's miracles, which was tranquil and otherworldly, the sun god's blessing was intense and penetrating. The air around Arao smelled dry and burnt from the light of the sun. Lloyd and Guy were covered in a burning aura of light, their wounds closing and drying up from the heat.

"Look what I found!" Gyrffin shouted. He waved at me, pointing over pieces of junk scattered all over the chamber. "These things must be centuries old!"

Trust the eladrin to get excited over useless relics. I scanned the room and noticed the items littered around us. "See if you can find something useful," I replied.

Gryffin nodded and began to scavage the area.

I walked over to the carcass of the sinspawns and the skeletons, hoping to find some clues as to their orgins. The stench of death and decay was overpowering. I drew out my sword and started poking at the broken bones and charred flesh, trying to find some hint of where these creatures came from.

After pushing away the bodies of two sinspawns, I was about to give up. There was nothing useful for me. I heard Arao praising Pelor, thanking the sun god for healing our two comrades. Gryffin was still in the other side of the room, sorting through the pile of junk he acquired.

I was about to return to my friends when I noticed something under the pile of bones. Something moving.

Using my sword, I brushed away the broken splinters. It was the broken body of a skeleton warrior. The creature's skull was missing, as well as its legs and right arm. A piece of black cloth covered most of the rib cage. The cloth began to move and stir like it was alive.

I pulled out the skeleton and carefully examined the piece of cloth.

It was an ugly piece of garmet, stitched and patched in various places. The cloth looked charred gray and had a faint decaying stench on it.

Slowly I touched the cloth. This was unlike any garment I have seen before. It felt leathery and rough, as if it was made from the skin of some living creature.

As soon as my hands made contact with the strange textile, the cloth broke away from the skeleton. I held out the garment in front of me, examining it more closely.

It was not a piece of cloth, but an ugly piece of leather suit. The suit appeared to be peices of flesh stitched together without any style or artistry on it.

0 comments: