Jarek: Interlude

"The festival is ruined!" Belor's voice echoed across the town square. The sheriff was on his toes, trying to calm terrified townsfolk, barking commands at the militia, hoping to set some semblance of order. It was a sorry sight. The make-shift puppet theater and the fortune teller's booth have been torn down, several other tents were burning. Colorful banners, once fluttering brightly over the rooftops, were soiled and scattered across the ground.

"You, woodsman!" The sheriff shouted across the stage, pointing at me. "Come here!"

I wanted to dash off and track down the crazed goblin who escaped the attack. But Belor shouted again.

I quickly turned around and made my way through the fallen tents. The sheriff continued delegating his tasks to nearby militia. I noticed that he was still holding on to his longsword, and the blade glistenned with goblin's blood.

"Sheriff Hemlock," I greeted.

"What happened here?" He asked. "Shalelu ordered you to keep an eye out on the woods."

I felt my face reddened. This was all my fault. The goblins would never have reached the town if I sounded the alarm.

"I never expected them to be so many," I answered. Somehow I wasn't even convince of my own excuse.

"We'll talk about this later," the Sheriff said as he sheathed his sword. "There are still goblins roaming in some parts of the town. I need you to track these vermins down and kill them."

Belor gave me a quick nod and dismissed me. I ran down the stage and right pass Lloyd, the lizardman and the two eladrins who assisted me in battle.

"Come on Lloyd," I shouted over my friend. "We've got goblins to hunt!"

3 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: I changed the entry from Kendra (the mayor) to that of Belor (the sheriff) coz the Mayor is much just like a politician and would not be capable in handling such a situation.

Good post though.

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Can I track down the goblins using an appropriate skill like perception?

OOC: Actually I was trying to find which skill was related to tracking. I was assuming it to be Dungeoneering or Nature but it turns out that it is Perception.

Jarek has sucessfully made the check and I shall note it so on the next post.

aschua said...

Great! Let's kill those goblins!!!!