Jarek: Initial Assault, Round 02

I struggled to maintain my stand as the javelin struck my leg. The impact of the weapon almost threw me off ground, but I managed to hold my guard as more goblins advanced.

"Why are they attacking us?" I spat out the question. These creatures were everywhere at once. How can we defeat them?

"Steady human. The Sun shall renew your vigor." A strange looking lizard-man approached me. The creature carried a large battleaxe and the holy symbol of Pelor hung on its neck. The lizard-man laid its hand on my shoulder, and a bright warm flickering aura engulfed me for a moment, closing some of my wounds.

"Thanks for the prayer," I muttered. But we need more than prayers to survive this attack.

Before I could talk to the lizard man, another goblin came flying towards me. It held a large metal dagger, poised to stab me in the chest. Unfortunately, the creature's attack fell short and I quickly evaded its crude blade.

These creatures are either cocky or slow-witted, I thought to myself. They seem to be disorganized and are not that trained in battle. Maybe we can use this to our advantage.

"Jarek!" A familiar voice rang through the battlefield. I glanced towards the back and saw Lloyd laughing.


"Don't tell me you're going to let these puny goblins get the better of you!" The young man taunted. "I've seen you shoot wild boar with much more fight in it than these guys. Or is it possible you've gone rusty with your archery skills with all that time you're spending with old Shalelu frolicking in the woods?"


"I'm just getting warmed up!" I shouted back. "Quit your yapping and help us out!"

The goblins' laughter quickly died down as they saw the huge lizard man raise his battleaxe.

I took several steps back from my enemies, hoping to gain better striking position. The goblins were too distracted to notice my sudden departure. I managed to fall back a few meters and gain some leverage.

Raising my bow, I fired another shot at the goblin who tried to stab me.

3 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

Jarek's rolls vs Goblin Cutter

Attack roll: 1d20+3 → [9,3] = (12)

Damage roll: 1d10+4 → [9,4] = (13)

Hunter's quarry roll: 1d6 → [1] = (1)

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

Learning curve:

Jarek's attack roll should have a total of +6 → +2 bow proficiency, +3 dexterity ability mod, + 1 prime shot.

Jarek has used his minor action (hunter's quarry) and standard action (evasive strike). He still has a move action to use.

aschua said...

Yep, I'm learning as I go... ;-)