Jarek: Goblin Pyros, Round 01

Good thing Old Ven never got to seal the rooftop window. I thought Shayliss would have warned her dad about the opening and how she caught me sneaking into their store at night for some pie. Their carelessness would prove to be their fortune, since I was able to make my way up through the roof and peek inside the store.

Once I got myself up the wooden roof, I quickly grabbed on to the window railing. I could hear the sounds of chanting and laughing coming from inside. The smell of smoke was coming out of the window.

Blasted goblins, I cursed. Their going to burn the store down!

I quickly pulled up my climbing rope, tied one end around my waist and made a dwarven split knot around the window railing (just like Shalelu taught me). Hopefully, the rope and the railing would keep my balance and prevent me from plumetting to my death.

As soon as I secured both ends of the rope, I managed to peer over the window and down inside the store. I muttered a quiet curse.

There were over a dozen goblins inside!

One of the larger puss-faced goblins was banging on a deerskin drum, chanting something in a low gruggling sound. A tall, skinner goblin shrieked in delight as it began to lit some oil flasks.

I turned outside and looked at my companions, hoping to warn them of the danger. But it was too late.

The lizard man gave a low cry and charged through the entrance, breaking through the wooden door. The goblins near the entrance gave a startled gasp. I quickly drew my bow and two arrows.

The puss-faced goblin growled, feriously banging his hands on the drum. Suddenly the entrance was covered in a pale sickly mist. The other goblins cheered in delight.

"Die goblin scum," I whispered and fired my arrows at the thin goblin with the burning flasks.

Both arrows fly true and hit the target. The goblin pyro does prove to be made of sturdier stuff as it still stands even after receiving two arrows. This, however, alerts the invaders from the still unseen presence of the archer.

11 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: I took the liberty of making Jarek's attack rolls:

Twin strike attack roll (1st):1d20+5+2 → [14,5,2] = (21)
Twin strike damage roll (1st): 1d10+1 → [8,1] = (9)
Twin strike attack roll (2nd):1d20+5+2 → [17,5,2] = (24)
Twin strike damage roll (2nd): 1d10+1 → [1,1] = (2)

Chris Fox said...

arao will mark and attack H4 goblin w/ Enfeebling Strike. Roll is:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1638676/

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Checked. Arao misses the goblin (the cloud gives arao a -4 on attack rolls while attacking inside the cloud)

I'm sending you a copy of the map. Please post arao's action (or send me an email and I'll post it).

aschua said...

buhay pa yung goblin?!!!
nakinis naman

Gryffin said...

Grabe, honga...

What's a Goblin Pyro?

Dungeoneering check ako...ay nevermind..di ko papala nakikita...

=p

rmacapobre said...

a dozen of them?? .. parang ang liit ng map for a dozen ..

rmacapobre said...

ooc: can guy determine using knowledge arcana (spellcraft?) .. is the dust cloud somehow anti-magic? or will it hamper as well spell casting?

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Doing Nature check for Gryffin. Pyros are known to be the fire experts in a goblin tribe. They're much like goblin warriors only they prefer to use homemade fire weapons instead of javelins.

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Maliit naman ang mga goblins ah. Kasya sila dun. He he.

OOC: Making Arcana check. The cloud wouldn't seem to affect spellcasting capabilities. It does however affect vision and might be difficult when targeting for a spell.

Gryffin said...

Homemade?...dangit...wala nang Shatter spell...=ppp

rmacapobre said...

theyre trying to set the town on fire (if we let them set fire to this place the alcohol below will explode) .. sigh .. wala ba tayong water bender dito .. ^_^

water tribe ...