Jarek: Initial Assault, Round 01

It's been six months since I finished my apprenticeship with Ranger Shalelu Andosana (who is now retired and runs ‘The Goblin Squash Stables’) and I've grown used to living in the forest. The old woodsman has assigned me a portion of the forest to guard and patrol. The whole town has been on the edge ever since the things that happened five years ago. Belor Hemlock hired Andosana to train some of the local warriors to help patrol the woods, and protect the town against any invaders or inhuman monsters prowling the forest.

Andosana is a respected forester and a strict teacher. Only three of the twelve recruits survived his grueling training sessions. I was one of the three fortunate to be initiated to the ways of the ranger.

As soon as we finished our training, Andosana quickly assigned us our posts. He told us that there monsters have been prowling the woods more frequently, and he was afraid that these creatures might slip through town. He gave each of us vast tracks of forested land to watch over, and a horn to signal him and the townsfolk if there were any invaders who would breach the town's borders.

I have been patrolling the forest for over a week when I got a message from Andosana, saying that there was a troupe of creatures travelling through the woods, and probably headed towards the town. I was tasked to follow these creatures' trail and try to figure out what they wanted.

I followed the monsters' trails and to my surprise, they were headed towards town. In my excitement, I forgot to signal Andosana and the others with my horn. I wasn't sure what these creatures were, and I didn't want to alert my comrades without finding out whom they were.

Now things have gotten worse.

These creatures turned out to be goblins, out to attack the town during the Shadowtail Festival. They passed thru from the forest and into town by the Northern Gates. I didn't have time to ponder why the gates would have been left open as I quickly raced after them.

I arrived in the makeshift festival grounds as one of the goblins beheaded a stray dog and threw its head onto the crowd, startling the people.

"Goblins!" I shouted at the crowd.

I quickly drew out my bow, knocked a couple of arrows, and aimed at one of the creatures.

* * *

Jarek manages to catch one of the goblins in mid jump with his first arrow. The goblin falls down dead on the ground causing its companions to stop with their antics and look for the source of their companion's demise. Even before they can act, Jarek manages to fire another arrow at the goblin closes to him. This time he only manages to wound it.

2 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

Jarek's initiative roll:18 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1621492/

Jarek's free action: assign hunter's quarry (or its equivalent) to
goblins

Use twin strike ranger attack at goblins
first attack: 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1621570/

second attack: 17 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1621572/

damage: 2 & 4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1621728/

add hunter quarry's damage: 2
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1621736/

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: I'm assuming Jarek will be using his hunter's quarry on the nearest goblin that he sees and that both his attacks would be on the said goblin.