Jarek: Dealing with the goblins

It was easy for me to follow the goblin's trail. The vile creature didn't even try to hide his muddy footprints over the sidewalk. I signalled my companions to follow me across the town square and into Sandpoint's small business district. As we reached the corner plaza, I heard the goblin continue to scream and laugh, as if it was challenging us to follow him.

You'll pay for what you did, I muttered.

I looked back and saw the other warriors trailing not far behind. Gryffn and Guy were half a block away while the strange lizard man and Lloyd were still further down the alley, panting from the weight of their armor.

The goblin shrieked even louder as it ran towards one of the old wooden cottage. It was greeted by several more of his companions, armed with dogslicers and torches. The goblin turned towards me and sneered as they entered in the building.

"That's the General Store." Gryffin exclaimed. "I just hope Ven and Solsta aren't still inside."

"They aren't." Lloyd answered back. "I saw them at the festival grounds a while ago. Seems they were looking for Katherine."

Gryffin nodded. "Is she the daughter who was always after Jarek?"

I growled back. "No, it was the other daughter, Shayliss. And can we just drop it and concentrate at the task at hand?"

Both Gryffin and Lloyd gave out a chuckle.

These goblins were getting on my nerves. I grew up hanging outside Ven's store. Solsta made the best rurbberry meat pie. I used to sneak into one of their windows and steal a taste of their centaur hooves stew. As I looked up the open windows on the cottage rooftop, an idea formed in my mind.

"I'll climb up and sneak a peek," I told my companions, while pointing over the open window on the rooftop.

Before any of them could respond, I dashed through the plaza and made my way through the side of the store. I slung my bow and brought out my wire rope and climbing gear.

I remembered climbing through Ven's wall hundreds of times. This would be easy. I placed my hands and feet on the familiar cracks and began my ascent.

18 comments:

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Jarek's in position and knows what he sees inside.

I assume Arao's pushing on with his plan to storam the door. Guy and Lloyd agrees to that plan.

I guess it's initiative time. Send me your rolls.

rmacapobre said...

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1636824/

guy's initiative roll

Gryffin said...

[In character]

Methinks Jarek be too familiar about climbin yonder old Ven's wall...nudge-nudge wink wink...

Jarek and Shaykliss went up the tree...Kay-eye-es-ess...heeheehee..

"Dem goblins and flamboyant dwarves be bad influences."=p

Gryffin shakes his head back into focus...

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Do take note that Lloyd provides a +2 to all initiative checks. Except, Jarek I guess since he's up on the tree... err... on the window.

Chris Fox said...

i thought the window upstairs was boarded up?

aschua said...

"Me thinks Jarek be too familiar about climbin yonder old Ven's wall...nudge-nudge wink wink..."

...sigh... that's the problem living in a small town... everyone knows everyone else's secrets.... hehehe...

aschua said...

"i thought the window upstairs was boarded up?"

yun rin akala ko... apparently hinde

aschua said...

Jarek's initiative (on the roof)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1636943/

Chris Fox said...

i suggest lloyd and gryffin go thru the back. (gryffin has thievery skills.) guy can heal me if i get hurt. darn it, now is the best setting for the guy's guardian -- closed and cramped space.

Chris Fox said...

@jarek: u can cry out, "Katherine, Katherine, let down your hair..."

aschua said...

enough with the jokes already... hehehe...

jarek will start shooting once you guys make your move...

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Lloyd has no qualms of circling around the back. I guess it's Gryffin's call.

I'll take it's a go once Gryffin agrees.

Please post your initiative rolls (just in case)

Chris Fox said...

what's the name of the 2nd scene? Secondary Assault?

Chris Fox said...

my initiative. please get it before it's gone. tnx! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1637017/

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Ok, initiative orders are here:

Gryffin: 1d20+5 → [16,5] = (21)
Jarek: 1d20+3 → [15,3] = (18)
Arao: 1d20 → [16] = (16)
Goblin (Pyro): 1d20+5 → [9,5] = (14)
Goblin (Warchanter): 1d20+3 → [9,3] = (12)
Lloyd: 1d20+3 → [7,3] = (10)
Guy: 1d20+1 → [8,1] = (9)
Goblin (Cutters): 1d20+3 → [5,3] = (8)

Chris Fox said...

waaah ang dami namin kalaban. maawa ka naman sa amin!!! virgin pa c arao!!! T_T

Chris Fox said...

errr, how r we gonna go about this? do i still hv 2 roll str check to crash d door? i'm gonna bash it all day if i hv 2 anyway. so is that a standard action? can i still move? how about the backdoor?

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: I did the rolls for breaking down the door (but then again, i don't think a store door can stop a 300 lbs armored dragonborn)