Guillaume: Tsuto's End

Was that possession? I was thrown to perplexity and terror. I have learned of evil entities and what they are capable of, but to see possession firsthand (if that was what we are seeing) brought icy chills in my bones. Not a second sooner, I challenged the entity with every amount of courage I could muster.

"Begone démon! I banish thee in the name of Corellon!" while holding out the symbol. But it was futile for it was gone as bluntly as it appeared like a thief in the night. It stole our brief sense of victory. It stole Tsuto's life. I felt helpless. We all did.

Rhonna was first to his side. She embraces Tsuto by his head which now lay lifeless on her lap. She weeped feverishly. The abrupt finality of Tsuto's fate bears heavy on each of us especially since I thought his capture might even bring about a new leaf for him. But with his death, my hope for him at least in this life, is diminished. I touched her shoulders to calm her but there were no words.

I sat beside them both. I poured some santified oil on a clean article of clothing, a partial piece that might have seen better days as a hankerchief. I asked everyone to gather around.

I anoint Tsuto on his forehead and recited his last rites. Tsuto. Restez en paix.

0 comments: