Arao: The Chapel of Tharizdun; Rd. 1

I watched as the dark magician in the room shocked my comrades before me with lightning, and then hurled Lloyd the warlord back after he valiantly charged and wounded her. Guy was first to recover, and he immediately sang a blessing from Corellon that lifted our spirits. Rhona the warlock and Orik the fighter moved into the room and engaged the enemies.

Move you lumbering oaf, I told myself. The sun waits for no man.

Entering the room, I found that the front was totally crowded as Rhona, Orik and Lloyd stood in the way of the bloodhounds. I was heartened to see one of the dogs already dispatched, its corpse cleaved into two, obviously by Orik. I heard the familiar and ominous voice of the escaped murderer Tsuto, whom we faced in the Glassworks and tormented us with dark thoughts. As much as I wanted to battle him, he was at the back of the room however, and I did not have enough time to get to him.

The sinister-looking mage, however, was at the far wall in front of me. I could see her robes torn by Lloyd's attack. Those who enjoin to spread evil must be punished, my mind raced. Breathing deeply, I summoned forth the ancient power of the dragonborns, and spewed out a fiery blast of fire.

"Firah!!!!"

The blast caught the mage and the bloodhound, singeing their very skin. I focused on the mage, she was starting some sort of arcane gesture; I could sense her power growing. That would not do.

"Sear, Blazing Sun, Radiant Delirium!" I intoned as I channeled Pelor's divine power through my holy symbol. A burst of bright light engulfed in the mage, and a nova within exploded three times on the mage's body. She screamed in pain, and doubled over in agony. Her form limp from my attack, she spat forth blood, and stared at me with utter enmity.

1 comments:

Chris Fox said...

MOVE to C5.
MINOR: Dragonbreath D6 base point and upwards towards Lyrie, and to the right (bloodhound).
STD: Radiant Delirium (Daily) on Lyrie .

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1797516/

All hit. At least 24 hp damage to Lyrie. The dog is dead, I think. Lyrie is bloodied.