Lloyd: The Offer

“Not so fast.” Advises Lloyd.

“I… we need to come clean with you. We aren't sell swords. We still serve Sandpoint. We are here to end this threat.”

Orik's face twists into a mask of confusion. His eyes dart back into the room, as if searching out the bastard sword and heavy shield that sit within.

“We don't have a bone with you, Orik. I know you’re just a mercenary. You have no loyalty to anyone. Money is all that is important to you. We have a bone only with Nualia and her cohorts. We have already neutralized the goblin threat. A deal has been made with the goblins. Next, we clean out any resistance here.” Adds the half-elf.

“So you don't want to be making any resistance.” Offers Lloyd sternly. “I’m offering you a route out, here. You can take it, walk free, stay alive, and fight another battle for another master. OR…. .” He shrugs, dramatically. “Hell, you might even be a good fighter, but you got to ask yourself whether that is the sort of group you want to take on. I mean, it's your call, really.”

Orik looks around to the likewise confused faces of the rest of the half-elf’s group.

“That’s it? You’re just letting me go?” he responds. “I mean, you’re just letting me walk? Not even a knife in the back. No retribution?”

Lloyd nods. Orik swallows again, perplexed.

0 comments: