Guillaume: The Fire Pelt Cat Attacks!, Round 02

this is it. a fitting end to a traitor. pessimism takes hold of me.

my back is pressed against the sandy floor. it did cushion my fall, to which i am grateful, as the powerful maw bore through a portion of my thigh. blood exploded. the taste of eladrin blood must have caused it to a deeper frenzy as i felt its teeth bit deeper. there was no pain --- not yet.

for now i am another person, an observer looking down on someone else disattached from reality. i vacantly watched myself and the others. this is likely what the mind does to protect itself.

"watch out!" lloyd catapulted two of the beasts simultaneously a few yards away from him. I then sensed being pulled back to my person and the previous feeling of apathy was replaced with urgency.

"do something!" was that for me? or was it for someone else? everything is happening so fast. it was chaos.

my arms were raised to protect my head from the claws. i couldn't go down with a scar? i chuckled to myself at the thought. it took all my strength to raise my arms. my limbs were covered with the animated vines preventing me from moving much. certain that it was a gift from the shaman.

from inside this transient cocoon, i managed to make sense of things. i could not afford to show weakness. i am a follower of corellon. courage. i must have courage. instinctively, i blinked myself out of the beast's grip. popping out of it and popping in to a relatively safer place -- behind the bloodied dog that is beside rhonna.

i tried to stand up this time, i held up the blessed symbol which clung around my neck. i focused on the beast and i called upon corellon. "corellon. pere de toutes les fées. exaucez ton fort. exaucez votre lance de la foi!"

an orb of pure warm light becomes apparent before me and it took the shape of a noble eladrin knight on horseback. it carried a shield decorated with the tradition symbol of corellon accentuated with fleur de lys at the edges and a silver lance as long as three men. it gave me a respectful nod before galloping forward towards the unsuspecting beast. it growled hungrily at rhonna ready to pounce at the woman.

the lance ripped thru the beast's thigh which quickly flared and dissipates, leaving nothing behind but a deep wound. the beast slowly turned to me. its mouth filled with sharp knives, hatred in its eyes.

3 comments:

rmacapobre said...

summary:

move: teleport to 12F behind the bloodied dog
standard: cast lance of faith on 11G

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1752718/
Lance of faith: 1d20+4(wis)+1(lvl)+1(symbol)
Dmg of lance of faith: 1d8+4(wis)+1(symbol)
Target Lloyd for +2 power bonus if Lance of faith hits

1d20+6;1d8+5 → [16,6] = (22)
1d20+6;1d8+5 → [2,5] = (7)

rmacapobre said...

not sure if blinking out will get guy out of being prone. does it get him out of being slowed .. (dahil pala sa vines yun hehe)

PRONE
✦ You grant combat advantage to enemies making
melee attacks against you.
✦ You get a +2 bonus to all defenses against ranged
attacks from nonadjacent enemies.
✦ You’re lying on the ground. (If you’re flying, you safely
descend a distance equal to your fly speed. If you
don’t reach the ground, you fall.)
✦ You take a –2 penalty to attack rolls.
✦ You can drop prone as a minor action.


SLOWED
✦ Your speed becomes 2. This speed applies to all your
movement modes, but it does not apply to teleportation
or to a pull, a push, or a slide. You can’t increase
your speed above 2, and your speed doesn’t increase
if it was lower than 2. If you’re slowed while moving,
stop moving if you have already moved 2 or more
squares.

Miguel Enrico Gonzales said...

OOC: Hmm... for this situation, i'd allow it.